[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a single country who has contributed less to music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

Is there a single country who has contributed less to music?
>>
Singapore
>>
China
>>
>>74826598
Niger
>>
>>74826598
Chad
>>
>>74826682
t. virgin islander
>>
In terms of actual, legitimate, good music:
Korea
>>
probly sum muslamic country
>>
>>74826797
Kek
>>
>>74826598
>country who
>>
>>74827124
Yes, a country is a collective of people. Do you think I was referring to the landmass?
>>
>>74827246
>collective of people
That would be a nation. Country is the landmass.
>>
>>74826598
yeah
>>
>>74826816
why would you tempt fate like that?
>>
Name one Lativan or Ethiopian artist?
>>
ive got a bit of music from japan so i will have to say that yes there are other worse countries w/r/t music
>>
Baltic states
Any fucking African country
Israel
>>
>>74826598
Usa
>>
File: bowie sakamoto.jpg (58KB, 790x395px) Image search: [Google]
bowie sakamoto.jpg
58KB, 790x395px
Japan is legit the only Asian country that had produced good music.
In china you are only allowed to sing songs about how grouirouse china communism is.
And in korea its the abomination known as kpop, just this bland watering down of american pop music filtered through a gook capitalist machine

I got into Japanese music through watching anime as a kid, and as i got older and into being a hipster faggot you start to explore the non anime music, like citypop, shibya kei, jpop, jrock, metal, jazz, rap, electronic, you can even find japanese country music if you look hard enough.
>>
>>74827405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y3JU5ZMg5Y
>>
>>74827508
This is some nice music sounds like elevator music.
>>
>>74827492
so you not only know little about music, you also can't name more than 3 asian countries
nice job being stupid
>>
>>74827492
Yeah this is why OP chose Japan for his bait.
>>
>>74827405
>latvian
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAk9V-zX60Ts0_Fw7CmZAzw
http://naba.lsm.lv/lv/naba/raidjumi/zibens-pa-dibenu/

eat shit m8
>>
>>74827405
Latvia's pretty shit, but Gidon Kremer (maybe misspelt) is a violinst who's appeared on a few good recordings of classical works
Ethio-Jazz is a pretty decent genre to get into in general, but as just one artist, how's about Getalchew Mekuria
>>
name one band from Palau
>>
>>74827544
you must've been in some fancy elevators
>>
>>74827551
I know there are other asian countries, they just fucking suck.

Im 26, i grew up as a kid with maximum japan brainwashing, anime, jrpg's, card games, video games, music, movies.

Like what the fuck does korea even think they are doing, america already has its own shitty pop music, we dont need it again in a forigen langauge.

The japs were smart, they took western music and japanized it, not the other way around like wors korea.

Did you know yellow magic orchestra were so popular that they were invited onto soul train in the 80's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqoWryBLmNI
>>
>>74827492
India is an Asian country.
>>
>>74827665
I have been in some fancy elevators in my lifetime.
>>
>>74827681
Hey this is like Kraftwerk but good.
>>
>>74827690
and they fucking suck, the only good sitar music was made by the beatles
>>
Japan is actually strikingly patrician. When I was in Tokyo, every restaurant seemed to play classic indie or punk music. It felt like London in that regard. This is in strong contrast to other Asian countries like Cambodia, that are more interested in the most awful, melodramatic pop drivel.
>>
>>74826598
Probably some tiny ass city states
>>
>>74827767
lol ok
Indonesia is also Asian.
>>
>>74827767
you mean brian jones on that one stones song
>>
Boredoms, Melt-Banana, Confuse, Yoko Kanno, BORIS, Xinlisupreme, The Pillows, Guitar Wolf, Envy...
>>
>>74827843
Cornelius
>>
File: vince weeb.jpg (140KB, 407x512px) Image search: [Google]
vince weeb.jpg
140KB, 407x512px
>>74827787
Now you know why nerds have been weebs since the beginning of time.

Like i cant even explain to young fags how much korea fucking sucks compared to japan.
This fucking website was made because moot got the idea from a japanese website
>>
>>74826598
Most countries. Japan is one of the strongest nations so far as creative out put goes - film, TV, music, art, animation, advertising, product design.

No point baiting weebs since 3 of the best albums of the year are Japanese.
>>
>>74828008
>Most countries. Japan is one of the strongest nations so far as creative out put goes - film, TV, music, art, animation, advertising, product design.

pffft bullshit
>>
File: 1496930450506.png (127KB, 1308x718px)
1496930450506.png
127KB, 1308x718px
>>
>>74827681
There's plenty of good Korean music, retard. Vidulgi OoyoO for example.
>>
Yoko Kanno / The Seatbelts
Tokyo Ska Paradise
both pretty good
>>
>>74827492
are you counting russia? kino is the shit
>>
>>74828089
russia is as asian as turkey is middle eastern
>>
>>74828026
Great argument.
Name a company that makes electronic products not from Japan. Name a non-Japanese Camera. Name a more consistent director right now than Hirokazu Koreeda or Sion Sono.
Then you have Boris, Boredoms, tricot, Tentenko, the Pillows, Mass of the Fermenting Dreggs, Number Girl, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Midori, Melt Banana all under music. And that's just the shit that I see posted around here regularly.
>>
>>74828112
But turkey is middle eastern in the way you speak of.
>>
Keiichi Suzuki is enough of a contribution to last hundreds of years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD_a__lh0N4
>>
>>74828047
this isn't very accurate at all, before the few recent decades white folks and brown folks had about equal quality and influence.
>>
>>74826598
Except Ryuichi Sakamoto dropped an AOTY contender this year
>>
Fishmans are legit good
>>
>>74828026
Japan has the biggest music industry besides the U.S.
>>
>the most unique punk music/culture
>some of the most interesting electronica
>majority of the best experimental music

How can one man be this wrong
>>
File: ej;aj;fjl;sa.png (18KB, 938x262px)
ej;aj;fjl;sa.png
18KB, 938x262px
>>74828549
This shit is ridiculous
>>
North Korea if it even counts
>>
>>74828577
None of that shit is original in the slightest.
>>
>>74826598
Brazil
>>
>>74828577
>ripped off brits
>ripped off germans
>ditto
>>
>>74827740
Please get cancer
>>
>>74828634
Yeah Japanoise is known for not being original to Japan.

>>74828655
>all of that ripped off Americans who ripped off some Africans who ripped off some Neanderthals so that means everything except rhythmic grunting is shit
>>
>>74827681
I agree about what you said about music being japanized.
I once read a paper about that. It tried to erase the misconception about the japanese being copycats and the thesis was that, when they open their borders in the Meiji era, eastern music became just data for them, it didn't have the historical and traditional roots that it have for europeans so, in that way, they were able to make things that were unthinkable for western people.
In that way japanese are not copycats, they use sounds that are just data for them, not tradition and recreate it with their own will. For me it's interesting.
>>
Ukraine
Lativa
Lithuania
Montenegro
Serbia
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Estonia
Croatia
Kyrgyzstan
Kazakhstan
Mongolia
>>
>>74827492
Just finished watching Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, that soundtrack blew me away right from the opening scene. Ryuichi Sakamoto did a masterful job
>>
>>74828682
Ukraine had a neat freak-folk scene going on in the 90s
>>
>>74828679
>While their contemporaries in Düsseldorf, and later Detroit, were using synthesizer technology to create bleak dystopian music, YMO introduced a more "joyous and liberating" approach to electronic music. According to Sakamoto, they were "tired" of Japanese musicians imitating Western and American music at the time and so they wanted to "make something very original from Japan."[51] Kraftwerk was particularly an influence on Sakamoto, who heard the band in the mid-1970s and later introduced them to his fellow band members.[51] They were impressed with Kraftwerk's "very formalized" style but wanted to avoid imitating their "very German" approach. He described Kraftwerk's music as "theoretical, very focused, simple and minimal and strong".[52] Their alternative template for electronic pop was less minimalistic, made more varying use of synthesizer lines, introduced "fun-loving and breezy" sounds,[53] and placed a strong emphasis on melody[51] in contrast to Kraftwerk's statuesque "robot pop"
>>
>>74828759
I can't understand what are you trying to said.
Who wrote that?
>>
easily the scum of earth:
estonia
latvia
lithuania
>>
Moldova and Macedonia
They're not real countries, but eh
>>
korea made the mistake of letting western music westernize them. Japan japnifyied western music. I think thats why people like it more, its diffrent, famillier but from a diffrent perspective. You look at kpop and its just bland wester top 40 pop in korean and the people performing it want to be white so bad.

I think westerners have always had an odd obsession with japan the most out of the asian countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwlvuy4m384
>>
>>74826598

Timor, Kosovo, Montenegro and South Sudan.
>>
Vatican City
>>
>>74829196
The Pope just dropped an album not too long ago
>>
Rate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTpp9KeFFqI
>>
I like Supercar, Number Girl were amazing, Quruli are hit or miss but their good shit was really good.
>>
>>74828924

The concept of "white" in some Far East cultures, both in past and present, does not equate to feeling superior or inferior to western people. In countries like Korea or Japan, being fair-skinned is a sign of social status from the privileged classes which were spared form outdoor physical labor. They even say that fair-skinned woman is beautiful even if her features are not attractive, because the "White Skin Covers The Seven Flaws". This cultural trait that is very present both in kpop and jpop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6OQJxe8ic0
>>
>>74826598
Well I don't know about that, I really like Naruto openings
>>
>>74827444
>Any fucking African country
>Israel

wtf man, do you even know who Arvo Pärt is??? Music probably started in Africa, the Africans from Africa love music, and all my jewish friends know how how to sing and play at least one instrument!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHYWD29ZNY
>>
File: Titas_CabDin.jpg (43KB, 450x450px)
Titas_CabDin.jpg
43KB, 450x450px
>>74828649

objectively wrong
>>
>>74829893
>the Africans from Africa
>>
>>74830762
>the Africans from Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs2dYAlbINY
>>
File: ymo1.jpg (256KB, 500x500px)
ymo1.jpg
256KB, 500x500px
>Japan
>contributed less to music

Less what? Degeneracy?
>>
>>74831780
YMO is like Perrey and Kingsley minus the talent.

Absolute garbage band.
>>
Japan has some of the best metal and punk bands.
>>
File: uchoten-gan.jpg (51KB, 384x380px)
uchoten-gan.jpg
51KB, 384x380px
>>74832005
And post-punk/new wave
>>
>>74828810
>what are you trying to said
You probably can't understand it because you don't understand basic English, you fucking idiot.
>>
the entire continent of africa
>>
File: 1453871101595.jpg (72KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1453871101595.jpg
72KB, 500x666px
Norway
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.