[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which DAW is best DAW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: types of producers.jpg (797KB, 1861x764px) Image search: [Google]
types of producers.jpg
797KB, 1861x764px
Which DAW is best DAW?
>>
>>74823876
it doesn't matter your songs are bad

make good songs worry about the daw later
>>
>>74823876
Explain these.
>>
>>74823876
Fl Studio

>>74823905
Also this, unless you want to make music for a hobby/for yourself
>>
>>74824012
they're all pretty self explanatory
>>
>>74824012
>Ableton
This one is just plain wrong. Ableton is by no means professional or 'industry-standard.'
>FL Studio
Looks about right. It's not as shit as it used to be, but not too great either. I'm not sure why it adopts Photoshop's mini-window style UI but it really only works well for Photoshop. For whatever reason, all the Soundcloud kiddies love FL Studio and will defend it until death.
>Cubase
never used Cubase; wouldn't know
>Renoise
never even heard of Renoise
>Bitwig
This one's kind of weird because Bitwig's UI is unnecessarily complicated, so maybe the picture should be a kid with a broken Transformer toy crying his eyes out. It's really pretty, though.
>Pro Tools
Accurate. My teacher was an old white guy who loved Pro Tools.
>Audacity
Audacity is just barely even a DAW, really. It can record things but can't do much else. It's a dinosaur that hasn't changed much since its inception.
>Logic Pro X
Logic Pro is a really good DAW. It's widely agreed to be an industry standard but the only problem is that it's Apple. So, of course, Logic Pro refuses to work with certain bits of hardware that aren't "Apple-approved," which immediately makes it shit. You shouldn't have to remodel your entire studio just to fit your software. "Tee-hee, you can't use normal cables with Logic Pro X; you can only use Apple's Firewire connection! Oopsie :)" fuck off
>Reason
I don't understand this one. Reason is actually pretty modern-looking nowadays. It's one of the oldest ones on this list, sure, but it's not antiquated by any means.
Reason has a God-tier piano roll.
>100% hardware
Accurate.
Modular synths are an unnecessary, expensive, complicated pain in the ass to work with. Only use them if you're filthy rich, have a lot of space to work with and are looking forward to grey hairs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ0pfuVwwIo
>GarageBand
GarageBand is the most famous iteration of "babby's first DAW." It's not too bad, I guess; Grimes made Visions in GarageBand.
>>
Renoise
>>
>>74824012
>>74824247
GarageBand is still pretty bad, though. There are much better things to use.
>REAPER
I don't know wtf is going on with that image. Reaper is really stable and responsive and I like how customizable it is. Anything you don't like, you can change. It's really cheap as well. I like Reaper.
No idea what's going on with the GameBoys and watermelon helmet.
>>
>>74824247
Reason only JUST NOW got the ability to implement third-party VSTs. Until then, you were restricted to only the sounds that were preloaded in Reason, and your modifications of those sounds.
>>
>>74824277
It's favored by DIY outsider artists due to its low price point and flexibility
>>
>>74824247
>never even heard of Renoise
You know those cracktro/module tunes that we're made from an Amiga computer that you used when you we're a kid, It's basically like that but more IDM.
>>
>>74824247
>Audacity is just barely even a DAW, really. It can record things but can't do much else.
Audacity is perfectly fine if you're tracking live, it eliminates the unnecessary tacticool shit of all the others. You can mix and EQ as well as any other DAW, it just looks barbaric.
>>
>>74824247
>grimes made Visions in GarageBand
goes to show.
>>
I hear so many great things about FL Studio but can't stand using it at all. The workflow it wants makes no sense at all. Reason is okay. I mainly use an app on my phone when I want softsynths and record irl.
>>
File: 1503654071234.png (14KB, 649x542px) Image search: [Google]
1503654071234.png
14KB, 649x542px
>nobody aside from me knows about Cakewalk SONAR
>>
>>74824676
I've heard of it but never used it or even seen what it looks like until just now.
>>
>>74824633
The workflow doesn't make sense at all, yeah. The whole layered window schtick gets old quick. It's like using Photoshop or Pixlr Editor, except the window thing actually works in those contexts for whatever reason. That UI 'just werx' for images but not so much for music.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.