[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POP PUNK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

When did pop punk get so good?

Lately I've just been listening to crust and skramz, but suddenly this stuff is so good
>>
>>74821895
>post hardcore
>emo/powerpop
>pop rock/emo
>whatever beach slang are

None of those are pop punk
>>
>>74821987
The only one of those that doesn't fit a strict definition of pop punk is Beach Slang.
Know what isn't real pop punk? Shitty 00s bands like Simple Plan. They're just generic pop rock.
>>
>>74821895
Jeff Rosenstock - Worry and FIDLAR - Too are both fucking great
>>
>>74822882
>limp wristed emo pap modern baseball with lyrics on par with simple plan
>the Menzingers who's music is way too slow to be considered punk on that album and is better described as emo/power pop
>pup who are post hardcore/punk and sound like Billy Talent but for whatever reason are praised
Pop punk is screeching weasel, teenage bottlerocket and direct hit!. Fuck off with this scenecore kiddy bullshit
>>
>>74823067
>pup
>sounds like billy talent
Sorry anon, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Care to explain how they sound similar?
>>
>>74823067
> le "punk was better in the 80s!" meme
If living in the current age is that painful for you, you might just wanna kill yourself
>>
>>74823109
>strawmanning this hard
Direct Hit! Are a new band and teenage bottlerocket formed in the late 90s. Kill yourself
>>
>>74823175
No, you. Applying bullshit purism to pop punk is ridiculous. Just because you don't like these bands, or you think they're uncool doesn't make them less pop punk than Teenage Bottlerocket. Keep crying.
>>
>>74823067
>[genre] is [specific bands]
worst argument
>>
>>74821895
Jank was the only good thing going for pop punk, but they're rapists so
>>
>>74823237
pop punk is just punk but poppish
>>
>>74823175
Did you not hear me the first time? How does Pup sound like Billy Talent?
>>
>>74823237
I bet you think Joyce manor is punk too kek
>>
>>74823267
I think Joyce Manor is pop punk.
>>
>>74821895
none of those are pop punk
just pizzarock
>>
>>74823260
They're both shit with a more abrasive sound while maintaining pop appeal. The singers are just different, and pup don't do gay ballads, that's pretty much it. "Guilt trip" sounds like it would be on Billy talent's debut
>>
>>74823243
So genres are useless? Pop punk is pretty easily defined, it's not something vague like "alternative rock". Faggot
>>
>>74823304
> shit with abrasive sound and pop appeal
Can you really not see why your analysis is completely meaningless?
>>
>>74823067
Imagine being this bent out of shape over fucking punk
If you heard anything remotely experimental you would probably shit your adult diapers
>>
>>74823321
Now you're strawmaning. You seem dumb tbqh famalam
>>
>>74823341
>Calling pup pop punk
Do you see why your opinions are meaningless?
>>
>>74823011
Worry is one of the best albums of the last decade
Too wasnt very good though
>>
>>74823354
Confirmed for retarded
>>
>>74823352
And the band's Op listed aren't pop punk if you look at the actual genre description, faggot
>>
>>74823366
Worry has some of the most infantile fucking lyrics I've ever heard
>>
>>74823374
> at the genre description
You're literally a 14 year old who follows RYM or allmusic descriptions like a religion, aren't you? I honestly didn't expect you to make me cringe this hard, well done.
>>
>>74823397
If you think this then most of goodbye cool world would make your monocle pop
>>
>>74823413
Lol you're so mad that you listen to limp emo pap and want it to be punk even though it's not
>>
>>74823416
If Jeff at 30 something has the emotional development of a 13 year old I can't imagine his earlier work being any better but hey
>>
>>74823443
...are you serious? Would you say early pop punk bands like The Undertones are more punk than early emo bands like Rites of Spring?
>>
>>74823252
no u
>>
>>74823914
?
>>
>>74821895
op you should head on over to /r/poppunkers. they have no fucking idea what pop punk is just like you :^)
>>
>>74821895
They were great records
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.