[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Folk Punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: FPFL.jpg (28KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
FPFL.jpg
28KB, 300x302px
Post some of your favorite folk punk artists, charts etc. RIP Ghost Mice, btw.
>>
>>74821845
There's only like three folk punk bands tho.
They're the Canadian football league of music
>>
>>74821845
just anything on DIY Bandits
>>
>>74822092
or I guess Fuck The Internet, FKA DIY Bandits
>>
Anything pat the bunny related (johnny hobo, wingnut dishwashers union, ramshackle glory)
The taxpayers are good too
>>
Holy fuck I did not hear this Chris Clavin news. This shit has been rumored a long time but I never knew if it had any substance.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/ajj-kimya-dawson-split-from-plan-it-x-records-after-accusations-of-abuse-against-owner-chris-clavin/
>>
>>74822229
LMAO
>>
>>74822229

>Chris Clavin is a child rapist
>Mischief Brew is dead
>This Bike is a Pipebomb is finished
>Defiance Ohio is finished
>Pat the Bunny + Ramshackle Glory is finished

Welp that's the end of this I guess.
>>
>>74822229
I was a huge Ghost Mice fan, too :( Hannah was the best part of the band. I hope she does something solo. Also they'd better refund me for that tape that they're not gonna release.
>>
>>74822417
Everything sucks desu. AJJ are the only ones [notable] left that I can think of. Also, Pat The Bunny and Ramshackle Glory were beyond amazing. At least AJJ and The Taxpayers are still up.
>>
Apparently Paul Baribeau left the scene because he found out one of the guys from Defiance, Ohio is into getting underage girls drunk and fucking them and all of the P-I-X people ganged up on him when he tried to talk about it.

Baribeau ranted about it during his last Fest set because the D,O guy's other band High Dive was playing Fest too.
>>
>>74823381
Folk Punk is full of scandals it seems :/
>>
File: i-aint.gif (179KB, 527x523px) Image search: [Google]
i-aint.gif
179KB, 527x523px
Pic posted is BEST folk-punk album EVER!
He get's dissed as a second rate Bob Dylan wanna be, but Phil Ochs DIDN'T sell out! He stayed true til the end.

Don't even attempt to talk to me about folk punk until you listened to this album, and anything by Woodie Guthrie! (and to a lesser extent, Pete Seeger)
>>
>>74822229
>>74823381

I believe both of these are true. If you don't I can't imagine you spent much time in this scene. Clavin ALWAYS had young girls around him.
>>
Ghost mice's music is fucking good. The news about Chris Calvin was fucked up but I'm not gonna stop listening to the music for that. Probably wont buy any merch tho.
>>
File: Untitled.png (604KB, 988x722px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
604KB, 988x722px
This is pretty shitty. Also ones of the accusers posted a text cap from when she confronted him a year and a half ago and he said the same shit about alcohol and wanting to get help. What an asshole.
>>
>>74824692
I'm gonna buy their albums on Discogs. I'd love to give Hannah and the rest of them royalties tho.
>>
>>74825729
Same dude. I do want the albums in my collection but would only buy second hand.
>>
>>74822229
Fuck, I have plan-it-x stickers all over my laptop
>>
Anyone into Douglas Fur? He is legit amazing at banjo which is not common in folk punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9YATBvBEg
>>
>>74823484
It's a scene of damaged and poor as shit beta males, it's to be expected.
>>
I have like every record PIX ever put out. Good time to eBay that shit?
>>
>>74821845

In light of recent events what would be the best edit for the OP image? Free Cunny for Life?
>>
>>74823484
Its always been like that, though.

Folk punk makes it's own problems. When I was first exposed, I found myself being extremely uncomfortable around the scene because everyone was constantly ranting about 'rape culture' and how men were the scum of the earth, 'like dude we should just chop our ducks off because men are like outdated'.

But heroin? Dude, its a choice. Its ok. Just turn your cheek. Hey, isnt that guy like 30? Why is it ok for him to be hitting on that 17 year old? Dude, stop being age-ist, its ok. This os a safe space. Hey, didn't that guy say he had Hep C? Why the fuck is he grabbing everyones beers and drinking from them? Dude, you're being transphobic; SHE is AMAZING and needs to be respected.

And now, years later after the buzz wears off, and someone actually gets hurt, when every house venue gets evicted and someone OD's... Yep. Thats what happened. It was a phase, like many genres, but a feiend of mine broke it down the best I've heard. The reason that people were constantly on about all the things Folk Punk harbored, was because THEY let this shit get out of hand. Its punk. For people to assume that you can make punk rock 'safe' was inherently retarded and naive. It wasnt the preppy white boys they hated so much doing the raping, it was that cool guy from the Days n Daze show. It wasnt your parents who made you sad, it was your 'friend' who got you into coke and made you an addict. All of the main acts probably recognize that, but distance themselves from the fact because they helped it. Fat J from Brokencyde has the same demeanor; he didnt diddle the kids, Seven did, but id be god damn ashamed too.

Rest in Piss, folk 'punk', may everyone take the long awaited shower
>>74824365
>>
>>74826920

What complete fucking nonsense. You're clearly just pandering to 4chan POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD bullshit trying to equate the politics of punk you don't like like feminism and being pro-queer rights with pedophilia and being pro-rape and (somehow) pro-heroin.

I was in that scene for years and know many people in it and nothing I saw even remotely resembling what you're talking about. Clavin is being universally shat on and thrown under the bus by the exact people you're talking about.
>>
>>74826920
far left people are shit. who knew?
>>
File: SidViciousParis1978.jpg (32KB, 456x601px) Image search: [Google]
SidViciousParis1978.jpg
32KB, 456x601px
>>74827169
He is completly right.
All the sjw safe space everyone be nice to each other is the most anti punk shit on the planet.
SJW's always eat their own.
>>
isn't folk punk just music for numales who like "the idea of" punk but need a more emasculated version of it to actually listen to and enjoy?
>>
>>74827570
yes
>>
>>74827341
Poor take
>>
Are there any other folk punk bands beside the pogues and the dropkick murphys?
>>
>>74827831

Not sure you know what folk punk is
>>
Crywank are my favorite folk punk band at the moment. Wil Wagner's solo stuff is also pretty good.
>>
>>74828835
Crywank is not folk punk, it's a few guys trying their hardest to sound like The Smiths
>>
>>74828897
Sad, sometimes aggressive acoustic music, how is Crywank not folk punk?
>>
What is it with the folk punk & emo revival scenes and all these rapists
>>
File: this is not for children.jpg (410KB, 1200x1190px) Image search: [Google]
this is not for children.jpg
410KB, 1200x1190px
Its a shame he didn't have another good album in him, I really liked The Stone Operation
RIP
>>
>>74829236

What a nice guy and a great band. Such a shame.
>>
File: Untitledhomor.png (283KB, 593x433px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledhomor.png
283KB, 593x433px
>>74821845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYfN70CGpk
Probably the only ACTUAL PUNK SOUND IN THIS THREAD. Folk punk died with Bucc desu
>>
>>74829778
he is so fucked i cant stand it
>>
Did everyone just forget Blackbird Raum?
>>
>>74827169

Wait, who said I don't like/agree with pro queer rights? See, youve given me a great segway. I know a few people who think like you.

You have NEVER, EVER seen ANYTHING like that in the folk punk scene? Really? Everyone's an angelic, tolerant, revolutionary peak of humanity? You must have been making an effort to shut out pretty much everything that goes on. Ill give you the benefit of probably not being in the same city I'm in, things could be different. But like I said in the first paragraph, everyone who hears criticism of their precious scene immediately goes to that very, VERY overused attack: "he must be a loser/misogynist/rapist/homophobe/insert thing we dont like here/Hitler because we are perfect! OMG I NEED A BEER AND I CANT BUY IT BECAUSE IM 15".

Its sad, because now we have radicalized both sides. The preppy boys have become so alienated that they literally follow one of the most despicable, hateful ideologies and believe in genocide; and here you are, going "LA LA LA LA" with your hands over ears because we're starting to see just how batty the Folk Punk scene got. I had great times seeing shows, met great people.

But dont ever act like ANY scene is devoid of sordid shit. Happened to the Screamo, emo, and Metalcore scenes too. Same shit. And stop calling everyone who tells you some truth a big meanie, its immature

>>74827169
>>
>>74827169
Punks are pretty much pro-heroin though. At least from what I've seen in America. I had a friend OD and die on opioids and his friends still think the appropriate way to answer it is to have anti-od medication ready in pharmacies instead of making people not do heroin.
>>
>>74827169
Oh, and your Clavin homie? Hes getting thrown under the bus not only by the same people who worshipped him and built the meat grinder anyone who is accused of rape goes through, but by any other decent human being. He took advantage of the bullshit 'safe space' fluff and hurt people, knowing damn well what he was doing and MAKING A PROFIT, even if it was gas money or pizza or Coors Banquet or whatever the fuck. Know someone who got a tattoo of OP's pic. And now she's so 'disgusted, I would have NEVER KNOWN' so a GoFundMe was made for a tattoo removal.

Which is so goddamned poetic I can hear Shakespeare's corpse weeping.
>>
Virgin Folk Punk

Chad Post Punk
>>
>>74826920
All fine and well, but I don't see what it has to do with the pic posted or subject matter I tried to offer.

>>74827831
I think you're confusing Folk Punk with Celt Punk.

For a fine introductory to folk punk, check out the album posted on >>74824365 and go from there.
>>
>>74830161
Someone ODed where I'm from and everyone knew who sold him the smack. Another homie went to rehab a week after. A month before, another guy stabbed a bystander with his hypodermic needle. And the punk scene did fuck all about it. They would rather 'educate these dumb fucking white people that *clap* they *clap* are *clap* problematic' and acted like everything was OK.

Punk and heroin go hand in hand. It really fucking sucks but it sucks even more when people let it happen
>>
>>74830161
mind your own business you fucking bigot
>>
>>74821845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDR20xudnQk

just started listening this one.
>>
File: 1471016836699.png (253KB, 775x828px) Image search: [Google]
1471016836699.png
253KB, 775x828px
>>74830320
shit like this help you feel manlier?
>Ya dun goofed incel boy
>>
>>74830366
Sorry, I was giving my opinion to the guy who mentioned scandals. Its the reason why I stay away from those shows now, but yeah go listen to some... Cant think of any bands not already mentioned. Communism is good, can I have a cigarette, I havent fed my dog yet today his name is Roastie. Am I cool yet?
>>
File: 1501445331220.png (31KB, 128x125px) Image search: [Google]
1501445331220.png
31KB, 128x125px
>>74830486
>I havent fed my dog yet today his name is Roastie
>>
>>74830460

That post didn't really but the fact I don't listen to fucking folk punk sure does
>>
>17 - 23
>from the Midwest or east coast suburbs
>white
>virtually unrecognizable from crustie or hipster
>don't listen to punk music
>strangers think I'm gay
>strangers don't initiate conversations with me
>vegan and talk about it constantly
>now I'm freegan and talk about it constantly
>ride my bike occasionally and talk about it constantly
>play acoustic guitar loudly for Youtube
>play banjo / mandolin / violin / cello / washboard poorly for change
>talk about cooking and food constantly
>burritos
>write songs about vegetables
>write songs about pizza
>think my friends are "special"
>finally discovered the Mountain Goats and NMH
>romanticize train hopping but have never done it
>romanticize eating food out of dumpsters but have never done it
>hate racism but have no non-white friends and have never seen a band or gone to a show that had a non-white person
>anarchist
>coerce little girls into sleeping with me
>>
>be homo
>set to release album on label
>find out label guy's friend hates gays
>release the album anyway because you're a greedy cunt even though you say you're against capitalism
>sneak diss the label owner in a song
all far left punk is fucking cancerous. fuck them and their holier than thou attitude on everything.
>>
>>74830625

Lmao which band?
>>
>>74827831
They're Irish punk, folk punk is just indie with more edgy lyrics
>>
>>74830639
leftover crack. not folk punk but i wanted to mentioned them.
>>
Well this thread turned out well
>>
>>74830397
I knew another person that would constantly blog about doing heroin like it was the coolest thing ever. Ended up homeless in a shelter, started blogging about smuggling drugs to the shelter like it was the coolest thing ever. No one spoke up about maybe don't do heroin as far as I know, everyone just watched idly by.

I didn't say nothing either, but that was mostly because I only knew them by degrees of separation and its really not my business. Yet mention "maybe we shouldn't get people on heroin in the first place" and REEEEEEE HOW FUCKING DARE YOU
>>
That said, this label has some obscure folk punk and thrash folk
https://nunatakrecords.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>74831255
>thrash folk
lmao. never heard of it.
>>
>>74830827
It was a crus- I mean, folk punk thread after all
>>
>>74825832

One friend told me this guy is a really cool guy and one friend told me he's an asshole. No clue who to believe.
>>
>>74830607
>>romanticize eating food out of dumpsters but have never done it
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
>>
>>74832482
Dumpster diving is a good thing anon
>>
>>74825872
>2017
>using 'beta' male and not 'cuck' or 'numale'

fag
>>
File: Cranford_Nix_Jr.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cranford_Nix_Jr.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
I used to play in an enormous folk-punk band and we ended up playing with (or otherwise seeing) pretty much everybody. Except Days N Daze. They were just blowing up when we called it quits.

Anyways, every PIXer should know Nix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Gu8jD6yec
>>
>>74834444
QUADS CONFIRM

>>74833356
no its not
>>
>>74834512
Which band
>>
>>74834512
nix is like proto folk punk, or what the american scene became.
He seems like a rock guy that was too poor to afford an electric guitar.
>>
cranford would be thrown out of the 2017 folk punk safespace.
Dude died at the right time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zcjw2ShUm4
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.