[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you justify not supporting artists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.jpg (38KB, 745x224px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38KB, 745x224px
How do you justify not supporting artists?
>>
>>74814865
By being poor.
>>
>>74814865

The business model simply doesn't make sense anymore. The thing that is being sold is far too easy to get for free, that just doesn't work. If I opened up a "take a picture of this pile of leaves" store in my yard everyone in the universe would call me silly if I got angry when people took pictures of the pile of leaves without paying me or acted entitled to their money, because fucking duh. I'm offering something with no functional value other than hoping people want it and making it really easy for them to bypass me entirely while just hoping they pay me anyway.

Yes, that means there will be some kind of collapse and a lot of musicians will stop making music but it isn't like music itself is going to die. Just the outdated model people are currently selling it with.
>>
cause they don't play live music any more?
>>
The artists who actually need the money just want to spread their music to as many people as possible, and the artists who want me to pay don't need the money.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170828-014055.png (69KB, 720x753px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170828-014055.png
69KB, 720x753px
>>74814865
But I do
>>
>>74815966
dumb phonepoister
>>
I do. I pirate music and if I like it, I go to concerts and buy merchandise. The artist gets a much bigger share that way. And if it's a defunct group, who cares?
>>
>>74814865
Because Trent Reznor endorsed Bernie Sanders, so im just redistributing his wealth for him. That and the Fragile Deviations vinyl was a total rip off so i decided hes not getting any more cash from me.
>>
>>74814865
I do try to
If an artist is doing it themselves, on a very small label or has been ripped off in the past and is needing to support themselves now then I'll usually buy directly from them
>>
>>74816288
dumb post - if an act isn't selling they won't be touring, and they certainly won't have enough money to produce goods
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.