[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emo band complaints

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1464.jpg (239KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1464.jpg
239KB, 1200x1200px
When a band complains about being sad and lonely is made up of popular, good looking people with well off parents...

Does anyone else feel like its kinda disingenuous or am I just being autistic
>>
This is why slowcore is the superior sad bastard genre, I can't think of a single band who is headed by a normie
>>
>>74814311
sorry if off topic but this band sucks ass
>>
>>74814311
Of course it is, but music is a product. They're selling this product to actual sad people (or posers)
>>
>>74814330
Idk it's ok for poppy music but there's a real emotional divide it feels like
>>
>>74814370
That's the divide between emo emo and pop punk emo. The former is people with actual problems, the latter is normies exaggerating their problems.
>>
I don't get why people like this album
>>
You're just being autistic. A few points: first, happiness level and number of friends has absolutely nothing to do with attractiveness or family wealth. Secondly even if they aren't actually sad or lonely what the hell does that have to do with the music's quality or impact? They could be the happiest guys in the world but if they're good at making powerful sad music then that's what they should do. Music's an art form, a blank canvas that you can color any color you want, not something that HAS to represent you,
>>
>>74814780
>first, happiness level and number of friends has absolutely nothing to do with attractiveness or family wealth.
lol
>>
>>74815062
You know what I mean. They're correlated but having one doesn't cause the other. It definitely came out sounding dumb hah. My point was that op implied that one causes the other in every situation
>>
Remo Drive's Greatest Hits and Paramore's After Laughter are tied for AOTY.
>>
>>74815144
Both are in my top 10. After Laughter's at #1 currently. Pop at near perfect writing levels. I didn't even like Paramore before it but they really brought a fantastic sound. Fav tracks?
>>
>>74814311
this band is so horrible. their music makes me feel physical repulsion and the lead singers cheeky grin annoys me
>>
File: 4.gif (1MB, 498x267px) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
1MB, 498x267px
>>74815159
It's too hard to even think of a select few as "favorites". It's overall near perfect. I will say though that my least favorite are "26" and "No Friend".

I'd love to hear Paramore flirt more with orchestral instrumentation, but the string arrangement could've been done better for "26". I know it could've been executed better, because it was done incredibly well on "Hate To See Your Heart Break" from their self-titled release. As for "No Friend", I honestly don't have a problem with Aaron's vocals being mixed quite low initially. I just wish the track served as some incredible climax for the whole album, but instead, Aaron simply begins to scream the very last few lines and then the song's throat is cut. I would've loved to hear some intense crescendo with a wave of guitar flooding in, drums pounding with an intense flair of fill work, or something of that nature. Maybe Hayley joining in the end with shouting/screaming as well. "Tell Me How" would flow even better as the subdued closer in that context. Regardless, I still love every song. :^)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.