[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite album of all time anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: R-138272-1397690751-7684.jpeg.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-138272-1397690751-7684.jpeg.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
What's your favorite album of all time anon?
>>
inb4 every post comes off the mu essentials lists
>>
>>74813731
>babby's first neoclassical darkwave
we sure are off to a great start then lmao
>>
File: CS622700-01A-BIG.jpg (90KB, 700x713px) Image search: [Google]
CS622700-01A-BIG.jpg
90KB, 700x713px
>>74813689
This one is just such an amazing unique ride. Takes me to another world.
>>
Theres really no album thats my all time favorite, just my most favorite during a certain time
>>
File: cover.jpg (377KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
377KB, 1425x1425px
>>74813731
That's not so bad though. I mean, we're talking about one specific album, so it's usualy going to be one they hold a special spot for. A lot of /mu/core is that album for a lot of people.

That being said, You're Living All Over Me is still the undefeated favorite of all time. Every single second man, just perfect. I've yet to find another album like it, it's been driving me crazy, since some things are close, but none ever manage to capture the pure magic that this is.
>>
File: maa.jpg (297KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
maa.jpg
297KB, 900x900px
Hands down the best Modest Mouse album

>>74813907
Love that album too. I know it's /mu/core but i wish there was more discussion about it
>>
File: Cover.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>74813689
I love jazz haha :)
>>
>>74814239
is this b8? honest question
>>
>>74813907
>thats not so bad though
These people whose favorite albums are literally found on a list we've all seen are shitting up this board, you can't go 5 seconds without seeing something about Deathconsciousness because they don't have the personal taste to name any other fucking album
Sure, the albums on the essentials lists are good, but the fact that we have the list at all perfectly facilitates the need to lurk to the point that you don't need to, and to be constantly inundated with them only further leads me to believe these people don't explore music and that they use the shit on the essentials charts as a crutch to simply get to personal confidence in their taste rather than to actually learn what makes music such an effective medium

Basically it's fucking annoying people talk about the same shit they talked about 4 years ago
>>
File: Gas_pop_cover.png (222KB, 325x318px) Image search: [Google]
Gas_pop_cover.png
222KB, 325x318px
It is a nirvana that deepens and expands upon every listen
>>
I could understand how if someone listened to this album they might think it's absolutely shit, but it's a personal favorite of mine.
>>
>>74813689
Kansas - Sail On
>>
>>74814458
We still talk about music that's been made hundreds and hundreds of years ago so it's to be expected. If anything if you're tired of seeing people talk about the same things, then making a new thread about something different would be the best way to change it up. Some people argue that those threads gain no traction, but I disagree, I've had success talking about albums I've found and that I've liked so it's not impossible.

As for the chart, I wouldn't say that the problem you're having with it is inherently the problem of the chart. I think it just has to do with people only wanting what's critically acclaimed and not really wanting to dive much further, which, let's be honest, most people don't dive too deep into music like others do on this board. Most people want to hear what is considered "the best of the best" and not much further, or listen to things that are easy to access that other people have said are good. It's the reason why some people still only get their music through the radio, or what celebrities on twitter and instagram listen to, or whatever spotify suggests them. Some people struggle finding music on their own but odds are they don't want to do that. They just want easy access.

I think that for people that are really interested in understanding the development of music in popular culture over the years will find it useful to see what's the more critically acclaimed albums and use it as a starting point to go off and explore many things. For that reason I don't see any problem with the chart, moreso just the people that don't really use it beyond the superficial.

tl;dr The chart is what you make of it
>>
>>74814315
ya got a problem with the album he posted?
>>
>>74813689
Fuck I'm only 18 dude, I hate that I cant participate in threads like this but I know I just don't have the experience.
>>
>>74814738
Well not REALLY, but since he said "I love jazz" then he should know that there are jazz albums that are FAR superior to the one he posted. If he really loved jazz, he would have dove deeper into the genre and found albums that were far deeper than Scenery, which is good but pretty surface level in terms of emotional and musical profoundness.
>>
Have to go with this one.

My favorite album by my favorite band.

https://youtu.be/OFO5Ye-XLKs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.