[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite guitar hero/rock band game? Did any of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg (83KB, 255x380px) Image search: [Google]
Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg
83KB, 255x380px
What was your favorite guitar hero/rock band game?

Did any of these games shape your music taste or introduce you to some good shit?

I like GHIII for the difficulty and i found out about the fall of troy so that was cool, but i think rock band 2 turned me on to a lot of other cool shit when it came out.
>>
>>74804496
Rock Band 2 with the RB1 exports is fucking amazing.
The drum solos on Tom Sawyer, the guitar on Master Exploder, and the vocals on Reptilia are so fucking fun.
>>
>>74804599
Yeah I really liked how rock band was so far ahead of GH in terms of features like exporting songs, the drumming engine, DLC, etc. The only thing i like about guitar hero more than rock band is the guitar timing window, which is significantly larger. then guitar hero completely shit the bed with the whole slide note thing and made it pretty much pointless to play it instead of rock band
>>
>>74804653
Rock Band 3 was a huge fucking mess, but they had a load of great songs on it unfortunately.
Some part of me wishes I still had the controllers and discs again.
Rock Band 4 is pretty good but I only play it with friends.

Favorite instrument to use when playing RB? Vocals for me
>>
>>74804699
i was good at drums and guitar but i preferred drums. always got stuck with guitar though because my friend liked drums and couldn't play guitar on expert
>>
Rock Band series got me into T.Rex, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Lush and Coheed and Cambria

>>74804699
RB3 was great but I didn't like how they buggered with the difficulty tiers, like Sister Christian next to Sin Wagon on guitar. + the dlc only available on it and up was pretty good. RB2 was best for guitar though.
>>
>>74804846
That's why you get customs for RB3. Makes it a whole new game and all you need is a USB stick.
>>
Guitar Hero 3
>>
rock band 3 is 110% unquestionably the best game of both franchises and one of my top 5(maybe top 3) video games of all time.
>>74804846
yeah the difficulty rating of some of the disc songs was beyond retarded but that could be said about any game in the series. rb3 is the worst offender tho.
>>74805037
this
>>
>>74804496
Rocksmith
>>
Dj hero
>>
Guitar Hero works much better than Rock Band mechanically.

GH3 was my favorite when it came out. But 5 and WoR are my favorites to play now because they work better.

Only artists I found out about from the game that I like are Eric Johnson and An Endless Sporadic.
>>
Guitar Hero 3/Metallica and Rockband Beatles and 3. Rockband Green day I heard was alright too.
>>
>>74804496
I bought the first GH when it came out, and I was 10, and it pretty much set my music tastes for the next few years.

I probably wouldn't care about and enjoy music the way I do now if it wasn't for the GH games.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.