[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sickness - Album thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: R-381943-1159401625.jpeg.jpg (51KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
R-381943-1159401625.jpeg.jpg
51KB, 450x450px
What does /mu/ think of the Sickness in comparison to Disturbed's other albums?

The Guitars and Sounds in this album were fkn awesome.. No guitar solos no overly complex and melodic lyrics/singing..... why does Disturbed desperately try to do EVERYTHING that is NOT this album, in all their other albums? that's what makes them faggots imo
>>
>>74802272
>no guitar solos
This is the definition of faggotry
>>
File: PHO-09Jun15-165623.jpg (363KB, 685x471px) Image search: [Google]
PHO-09Jun15-165623.jpg
363KB, 685x471px
>>74802289
In your opinion maybe, but i find very predictable and honestly, Dan Donegan isn't that good a guitarist to make some good solos. Dave should have put him in his place when that came and stuck to the original formula ... I find myself playing this album over and over again but listening to other Disturbed albums are pure torture. OWWW WAAH HAHAHAH , Dave should stick to being a Mental Patient, not this overly righteous rockstar
>>
>>74802272

this is my favorite album of theres...but i think they had to move away from the sound a bit. they could have easily done maybe one more nu metal albums but i think they were kind of forced to move to more of a hardrock sound in order to survive past the early 2000s. I'll admit disturbed is a bit like ac dc to me. I like their music, and the good music is awesome, but a lot of shit sounds soooo much the same.

And to answer your question they are just trying to mix things up. Guitar solos started coming back at the end of the circa 2010s i think. Shredding started to come back a bit especially with djent shit and metalcore bands either dying out or paying homage to oldschool metal and getting a little more air play ( avenged sevenfold)
>>
>>74802272
Nu metal went out of style. If they just made The Sickness over and over again they would have died out. Now they're pretty much just a regular vanilla heavy metal band but they're allowed to have a career because of that.
>>
>>74802511
>>74802434
agreed, like everyone else, they sold their souls to the ""music"" ""industry"" to ""survive""" in it.... but they dumped the very music style that rose them to stardom and recognition in the first place.... This album and Linkin Park's Papercut , Limp Bizkit's "significant other" all share the same story.... I want to hear more sounds like in the sickness, more sounds like in the other albums, but all i find are the same, bland guitar solos and melodic base lines.... I give disturbed tops 2-3 years before their upcoming album flops and they become nobodies like lincoln pork and the others.... The Sickness will for me, be their best work, it sounds just like the big city... madness... growls... etc.... if you're still reading i hope its a Dubs post
>>
I know people think Disturbed suck, but I grew up on that band so I'm having a hard time seeing the flaws. There's the domestic abuse thing in the title track that I just plain didn't get, I was just neutral towards it but I can see how it's in bad taste now.

Lyrics are meh, and I can see why someone would hate Draiman's vocals. Here's where my bias kicks in, sure it's corny but I still love it.

This album mainly shines in the hooks and its riffs, it's got a lot of catchy moments but in later albums they dropped the brooding metal/hip-hop blend for a cleaner metal sound. Best album is probably Ten Thousand Fists, but that one has some really low points like the title track or the Land of Confusion cover. Disturbed just suck at covers in general, no respect for the source at all.

Overall it's probably the worst of the first 3 but not a bad start. After Ten Thousand Fists I stopped paying attention to them, except for their The Sound of Silence cover which is pure cancer. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they covered Bach and added record scratching
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.