[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: syd.jpg (45KB, 578x356px) Image search: [Google]
syd.jpg
45KB, 578x356px
holy shit
>>
he looks better in the right
>>
>>74797032
In both pictures he still looks better than any SJW or feminist nowaday, and less crazy.
>>
>>74797032
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? WHAT IS THAT, PRIVATE PYLE!?
>>
>>74797032
Me on the right
>>
he'll be fine
>>
>>74797408
>a literally crazy person seems less crazy than the average SJW
Really makes you think...
>>
the pic on the right is from the wywh recording where he just showed up and scared everybody. bless him
>>
>>74797945
I don't even support alt-right but this is exactly why I made the post in the first place.
Because even if he looks unstable I find a somewhat peaceful look. a bit depressed tho
And let's be real he looks far less fucked up on the right than he does on the left
Do you know at what degree Syd was considered crazy ? I will probably search it later but an imput would be welcome if you know about it.
>>
>>74798062
I've read somewhere that some people considered he was schizophrenic. I doubt that that's the case but he certainly developed some psychosis after all those years of LSD
>>
>>74798062
nah, i'd feel much more unsettled if syd in pic 2 sat next to me on the bus as compared to syd in pic 1
>>
>>74798083
How much acid did he actually do? Know any stories of the bands experience with him?
>>
>>74798103
I don't know exactly how much acid he actually did, it's said that it was a fair bit. He once wrote a song and when everyone else learned it he kept changing it at every recording saying "Have you got it yet?". Sometimes he'd play the same note over and over again at gigs or just stop playing altogether and just walk off, that's why they had Gilmour around to take up his part.
>>
>>74798083
I've always wondered if maybe He just got enough of it and thought well I might as well go live a solitary life without the fame. Like instead of doing a Kurt cobain he thought "I could just make everyone think I became crazy"
It's probably not the case tho
>>74798103
You guys need to not forget that LSD does not makes you crazy. You are crazy or you're not.
There are people out there who have probably experienced 10 times what Syd went through and came back fine. Or maybe he took some bad research chemical and actually became crazy because of the drug but I doubt it.

>>74798164
Syd was kind of a experimental artist anyway, he liked weird stuff. But of course they were not able to play very well if he was totally fucked up all of the time
>>
>>74798211
People who are at risk of developing schizophrenia have much higher chance of getting it if they take copious amounts of psychoactive drugs. I'm not saying that he had schizophrenia, but he had a good chance of it.
>>
>>74798211
Well he never liked fame, I read an interview his sister did and she said the whole Pink Floyd thing was just fun for him, not more than that. He did give up fame and ended up living alone with his mum back in Cambridge but he was way older when he decided that. I doubt that the drugs "made" him crazy, I think he's always been odd and eccentric, that's what made him such a brilliant artist.
>>
>>74798041
lol imagine that crazy day
>BOO! gotcha... just me your old pal Syd hahah
>>
>>74798103
a quote from a friend of his
"Syd was one of the earliest acid casualties. He lived in a flat in the Cromwell Road with various characters, among whom was a psychotic kind of character called Scotty. He was one of the original acid-in-the-reservoir, change-the-face-of-t he-world missionaries. He was also a desperately twisted freak and really malovelent crazy. Everyone knew that if you went round to see Syd never have a cup of tea, never take a glass of water unless you got it yourself from the tap and even then be desperately worried, because Scotty's thing was spiking everything. By this time, Syd was living on a diet that must have been comprised of 80% acid. Poor old Syd was really in the poo."
>>
Still losing my shit over this right now
>>
>According to Rick Wright, who lived with Barrett at the time, Wright had the awful job of telling Barrett that he was going out to buy cigarettes while he went off to play a gig. He would return hours later to find Barrett in the same position, sometimes with a cigarette burned completely down between his fingers (an incident later referenced in Pink Floyd's The Wall). Emerging from catatonia and unaware that a long period of time had elapsed, Barrett would ask, "Have you got the cigarettes?".
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.