[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ like Folk Punk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5220.jpg (42KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5220.jpg
42KB, 280x280px
Does /mu/ like Folk Punk?
>>
>>74794111
More like Folk Skunk
>>
>>74794111
Only Violent Femmes, the rest is all cuck trash for some reason
>>
>>74794111
I liked it in high school but it's way too cucked and juvenile for me now.
Violent Femmes first two albums and the Andrew Jackson Jihad Ghost Mice split hold up though
>>
>>74794111
I like what pat the bunny made. But I'm a junkie slacker so it hits close to home.
>>
Cute feet.
>>
listening to can't maintain on vinyl right now. i used to love andrew jackson jihad, but now that's their only album i don't find cringey.

i used to genuinely love folk punk, but i feel as though i've outgrown most of it. kinda sux. i still appreciate some of it, like the taxpayers and the stuff pat the bunny put out as ramshackle glory.

granted i haven't been keeping up with it, but the genre seems pretty dead as well.
>>
>>74794111
I love this album but I doubt anything that is similar will be as good
>>
>>74794139
>>74794152
>cuck
>cucked
You realize that the majority of people stop taking you seriously the moment they hear you use that word, right?
>>
Yeah
>>
File: IMG_4678.jpg (129KB, 1050x589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4678.jpg
129KB, 1050x589px
Days n Daze anyone? Met Jesse and Whitney when they came through my town, they were cool as fuck. Got a big hug from Jesse, totally made my year.
>>
Any good folk punk renditions of traditional folk songs?
>>
>>74794357

same here kind of

i love pat the bunny's solo albums and ramshackle glory and some early against me! but nothing else grabs me
>>
I like loli feet
>>
>>74794139
Check out The Taxpayers, dude.

>>74794697
This.

>>74795714
I'm curious about this too.
>>
I liked pretty much all of it in high school and college. Ended up playing in an enormous folk-punk band that played with Ramshackle Glory, Blackbird Raum, and a bunch of PIX bands over the years. It was worth it. But now Erik's gone, Pat's MIA, and Chris is a scumbag.
>>
>>74794697
who the fuck takes anyone seriously on 4chan
>>
>>74795918
almost the same with me. Pat's work in general is stuff I enjoy a lot (from Johnny Hobo, Ramshackle, Wingnut's, etc) as well as Against Me! up to As the Eternal Cowboy.

I like Andrew Jackson Jihad's albums up to Knife Man but they're weaker and especially as time progresses they are weaker than any of the artists in those time periods I mentioned above.

https://youtu.be/nlOKOAUX65w
is a pretty good song though, and the rest of the album is pretty decent from what I heard of it. I think it's on archive. The good part about most of this shit is the bands just give it away for free if you look on archive and shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.