[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amp Pedals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Mooer Preamp EHX Power Amp.png (411KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Mooer Preamp EHX Power Amp.png
411KB, 1000x750px
Can somebody explain how amp pedals work? Like, there's preamp pedals and power amp pedals? They're not the same thing, right? If I get a preamp pedal (which is different from a normal overdrive pedal how?) and a power amp pedal, I can connect it to an audio interface/PA? Or do I plug that into a cabinet? Or do I go from a preamp pedal to a cabinet?
>>
A Pre-Amp boosts signal to line level. An amp pedal like the 44 Mag is an actual class D amplifier that can drive a speaker.
>>
>>74792261
>An amp pedal like the 44 Mag is an actual class D amplifier that can drive a speaker.
So what happened if you went from that straight to an audio interface, then? You'd need an attenuator(?) or something? I can't remember.
>>
>>74792286
You'll clip like crazy at best and at worst fry either the pedal or your interface.
>>
>>74792261
>>74792310
why are you wasting your time spoon feeding this retard? everything hes asking is in a simple google search. or are you so desperate to talk to someone that you feel the need to respond to stupid shit like this
>>
>>74792310
Right? Yeah, that's what I thought.
I guess if you want to DI your guitar with anything resembling a decent tone you need to use amp modeling software?
>>
>>74792568
Or buy a speaker simulator and use whatever pre-amp or DI you like.

>>74792471
Calm down.
>>
>>74792617
ok so you are just desperate to talk to someone. gotcha
>>
>>74792661
Stay on topic please.
>>
>>74792661
who hurt you anon?
>>
>>74792617
I know there's some amps with headphones, you think that's a good option? Plug a 1/4 inch from the headphone jack into the audio interface? Or does that not maintain the tone as compared to the speaker or something?
>>
>>74793023
Depends on the amp, in the end if you like the sound go for it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.