[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beatles Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

The only Beatles album I've ever liked was the White Album. Why might that be?
>>
>>74790732
Cause it's a number 9 outta 10
>>
>>74790774
/thread
>>
You may prefer blues rock to their psychedelic, Mersey or folk style works. Maybe you like the more sadistic lyricism.

List your favorite tracks, maybe that will make it easier to tell.
>>
>>74790812
Favorite tracks would be (in album order):
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
While my Guitar Gently Weeps
Blackbird
Mother Natures Son
Sexy Sadie
(& the great) Savoy Truffle
>>
>>74790812
I like it because its unhinged, and I appreciate the sadistic lyricism... you were right on track with that.
>>
I appreciate songs on other albums.. such as A Day in the Life (set Peppers)... I mean with The Beatles some of their songs just are so fake... fueled by phony mania. There are only a few songs that grip me, and honestly I believe that Help is the one of the few albums outside of the White album that are truly authentic.

Many of the their other albums are responses to Beatle mania. One comparison I could make would be the new Disney Star Wars films. They exist only because people loved the things they've done before. The Beatles are one of those bands that I want to appreciate...and in a sense I do, but as Holden Caufield put it, they are phony. Merely just human perhaps, but that doesn't increase my prospective value of them. Its just odd, they create some songs I like (such as Blue Jay Way) but my body wants to reject them as a whole just like a bad hangover from alcohol poisoning. They confuse me in one of the worst ways...
>>
>>74790925
>>74790962
>>74791078
Understandable. Blue Jay Way is amazing, but I love The Beatles and pretty much all of their albums.

The White Album's disconcerting sense of conflict between the members and the contrasting styles as well as the overblown length and the compelling emotional range throughout the double album is truly captivating.
>>
>>74791198
Perhaps I like the White Album because it was when the Beatles were at their most vulnerable. They weren't unified during the recording process, and in fact, it brought out only songs that I liked. I think thats the key. I DONT LIKE THE BEATLES AS A GROUP, but I like them individually.

Id love to see some other people post their two cents.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.