[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 311.jpg (42KB, 300x479px) Image search: [Google]
311.jpg
42KB, 300x479px
what does /mu/ think of 311? I love them.

They advocate positivity almost to a fault. They sing about ideas no one else will touch such as aliens, technology, and precious metals. They have the standard songs of relationships and the human condition. They can also have fun and poke fun at themselves. Hell they got into a bar fight that Scott Stapp started and kicked his ass. They fought Capricorn and won. They are all incredibly talented for commercial musicians. They respect their fans

Few bands if any love their fans like 311. They have released 12 studio albums with no sign of slowing down. 2 independent albums before they were signed. 2 live albums. Several compilation and Video albums. They tour every summer and fall.

Anyway, discuss. I think they get too much hate from people who've never even given them a real chance and only know them because of "Amber" and their cover of "Love Song".
>>
File: from chaos.jpg (311KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
from chaos.jpg
311KB, 1000x1000px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Chaos

Their first album after they left Capricorn. Seems current now.
>>
>>74789235

They're from my hometown
>>
>>74789235
honestly, was pleasantly surprised when I checked out their discography in college after only knowing All Mixed up and Down.

Music and grassroots are solid albums
>>
>>74789281
Does your hometown recognize or celebrate them in anyway?

The Allman Brothers Band is from my hometown and they have their place in our history. A few roads named after them. Several bars, restaurants, and businesses have memorabilia on display.
>>
>>74789318
Good to hear anon. They are such a fun band. I understand the criticism of their later albums. Not for everyone, but successful bands need to evolve sometimes. As I have gotten older, I really do like their later stuff. But I will always love their first few albums.
>>
>>74789326

They partnered with a local brewery to make 311 amber ale. I think they put on a concert every year or so, but no, to my knowledge they don't honor 311 or anything.
>>
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-stapp-and-311-brawl-20051201

Link to Scott Stapp brawl for anyone curious.

BTW, they have always had some great art associate with them
>>
File: 311 art.jpg (466KB, 644x500px) Image search: [Google]
311 art.jpg
466KB, 644x500px
>>74789404
forgot pic
>>
File: dont tread on me.jpg (167KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
dont tread on me.jpg
167KB, 800x733px
I think it's obvious they realized some things about the industry a long the way as well.
>>
>>74789379
I never realized that was from a local brewery, but I'm not a big drinker either. I've always wondered what their shows are like at home. I know how much energy they bring to nearly every show I've seen them play.

I saw their 10 year anniversary show, they played two entire albums cover to cover, them played another 6 or 7 songs iirc.

For a few years there, on their 311 day (March 11) shows, they would play for like 4 hours straight I think. Now they do 2 or 3 days in a row. They are getting older though.

>who else would ever name their band after tha transistor, arguably one of the greatest inventions of man.
>>
File: transistor.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
transistor.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>74789574
fuck keep forgetting pic sorry mods.

I respect them so much, they really try to break the mold. They have to be one of the most successful "cult" bands out there.
>>
>https://youtu.be/8NKLbPp4EV0

I can see it now have to show you how
The funny thing is that we couldn't have it any other way
Still it kills me when we say
All we've been through
All the songs that I've sung for you
We both know I'm gonna lose you

I hate to be alone
There comes a time to reap what you've sewn
All we've been through
All the songs that I've sung for you
We both know I'm gonna lose you

Let's think of all the good times
Instead of wish we could times
So much better that way
This is what I ask for
This is what I deserve
Be careful what you ask for
>>
>>74789235
I listened to some of their earlier stuff back in high school and I enjoyed most of it. Been a while since I listened to them very much though. Good music for summer time IMO.
>>
File: mosaic.jpg (40KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
mosaic.jpg
40KB, 316x316px
311's newest and 12th studio album, Mosaic, features a mosaic of fan submitted images of themselves celebrating 311. Pretty badass if you're a fan. New album is pretty good too if you are a fan. 17 new songs from a band that was formed in 1988.

>>74789819
My thoughts exactly, great summer stuff, especially their stuff since 2003's Evolver when they began to back off the rap/rock some and shifted to more rock/reggae/summer music. I love all the trajectory their style has taken.

I didn't like, or understand, 2005's "Don't Tread On Me" when it first came out but it really is such a great album. It's one of the more laid back albums they released.
>>
>>74789235
my favorite band growing up
my first concert was 311 and incubus during the soundsystem/make yourself tour
>>
>>74789235
I have a lot of respect for them. They're the band that helped get me interested in listening to music. They're lowkey a colossal meme, but that's part of why I love them. They're a fun band
>>
they're actually dope despite the meme

Grassroots and Transistor are some of my favorite albums ever.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.