[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best DG album hands down.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-GovernmentPlates.jpg (5KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-GovernmentPlates.jpg
5KB, 220x220px
Best DG album hands down.
>>
>>74780565
more like hands down to my music player to switch to NLDW or exmil
>>
>>74780576
I love those too. But I feel like GP is much more psychedelic and interesting gin some ways.
>>
DG thread btw. What's your favourite DG album? and why?
>>
>>74780653
I love how abstract GP is and even in some of the less popular songs Ride's voice is utilized as samples and not through concrete lyrics. Like his presence is felt in a more implicit way
>>
>>74780790
Exactly! I feel this way too. I'm listening to "Birds" right now and it's a great example of this.
>>
shut up you're a gay nigger
>>
>>74780816
lol is this normal here?
>>
>>74780565
Birds is fucking amazing
>>
>>74780880
It is. I can't imagine how they perform songs from this album live though, it must be really strange
>>
>>74780653
Please people I wanna know what you think about this
>>
>>74780565
the first and last songs have to be in anyone's top five all time DG
birds is also one of their most interesting songs and I'd like to see them explore their direction more
other than niggas on the moon there's not much production wise that happens later that they didn't introduce here
>>
Btw would you say that flatlander is the most talented of the three?
>>
>>74780824
4chan is that hive of scum and villainy obi-wan warned you about
>>
>>74781681
Wanna buy some death sticks?
>>
>>74780653
The money store because it flows great and the song are very very memorable and full of energy
>>
File: jvKCyRC.png (102KB, 312x299px) Image search: [Google]
jvKCyRC.png
102KB, 312x299px
WE CAME TO BLOW YOUR SISTER YUH FEELIN IT YUH
>>
>>74781138
Well, the current belief is andy is just the mixer and dj, while zach is the one constructing these crazy beats. They sorta confirmed it themselves too
>>
>>74781792
Oh I didn't know that.
>>74781711
I love this one too
>>
Notm is too perfect to top but id put gp and nldw directly under because theyre infectious and energetic but dont rely on genre styles to adhere to. Gp has aspects of a handful of different electronic styles, while birds kinda dabbles in blues or american primitivism and the last track is its own trippy thing altogether. Nldw has lyrics like a black metal album made in 90's compton and instrumentally has the most variety
>>
>>74780653
TPTB
Why? It's my favorite album ever. It's hard to explain why without a huge paragraph and a lot of thinking. I stopped rating and reviewing on RYM a long time ago for example, so I don't typically dwell on why I love something. I just like what I like. When I heard JD, I realized it was a sound I have always been looking for.
>>
DINO PROCESS
YOU
>>
>>74780565
correct
>>
>>74780653
BP=EX>GP>TMS>NLDW>TPTB>I2016>FW
>>
>>74782535
TPTB>ExM>NLDW>TMS>GP>BP>I2016>FW
>>
File: big nigger.png (718KB, 766x579px) Image search: [Google]
big nigger.png
718KB, 766x579px
haha no u are gay
>>
>>74782636
>BP not in top 3
Unacceptable
>>
>>74780565
It's the most realized concept they made, for sure
>>
>>74781138
Andy is not flatlander. Flatlander is the name they all use when making beats together. Zach confirmed THIS
>>
>>74782958
Wait, really? Sauce?
>>
>>74782636
TMS=FW>BP>ExM>TPTB>NLDW>GP>I2016
>>
Any1 have something similar to ring a bell?
>>
>>74785019
Linkin park
>>
>>74780653
Exmilitary
It was my first listen of theirs I did, I absolutely adore the samples, it's not as poppy as TMS, but it's still bretty catchy
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>74780565
>>74780790
6/10
>>
EX=TPTB>BP>TMS>NLDW=GP>FW=I2016
>>
>>74780653
Exmilitary. I really like how sample-heavy it is, I like the energy that comes from it, and the tracks' diversity is what I love the most. Every track was memorable in its own way: Spread Eagle Across The Block clearly had a rock influence, Lord of the Game was the most "Hip-Hop" one... I could have told apart more of the songs from Exm rather than those from TMS after the first listen.
I know it's dumb, but the variety of the album, mixed with what are the most energetic and most memorable lyrics by Ride (imo) make it one of my favourite albums ever. Every DG album is great, though.
>>
>>74782535
definitive ranking
>>
>>74780653
NLDW or EXM, both are just so heavy.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.