[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the most overrated band? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5150.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5150.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
>>
File: queen_ii.jpg (152KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
queen_ii.jpg
152KB, 1100x1100px
Hold our beers
>>
Not going to be exploding any heads with this opinion, especially not on /mu/.

The things is though, I like Coldplay, some of it. They fit in well along with late 90's bands like Verve, Travis and such, and they operate very decently on that level. And then they just got way too big, U2 sized big, without having the charisma or the talent to back it up. From that point on they were just trying to live up to their own hype without the ability to do it and they turned into the band everyone hates.
>>
>>74779563
I genuinely don't understand how they got so big. Is their music that catchy? None of them really is charismatic.
>>
>>74779584
Moms
>>
>>74779584
They filled a gap on the post-britpop/soft-rock scene that was left by Oasis and unlike The Verve, Stereophonics, Feeder and Travis, they had virtually no competition in that regard other than maybe Keane. They just kind of inflated from that point on.
>>
>>74779501
>>74779493
>two of the greatest rock bands
>overrated

Now if either was even remotely bad, I'd say you were right.
>>
File: IMG_3090.jpg (279KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3090.jpg
279KB, 1024x1024px
>>74779493
The Beatles are not overrated. Their work was not only heavily influential but heavily influenced itself, and they produced some of the greatest works in all of pop music. Of course, we cannot disregard George Martin's massive contributions to their studio time.

Even when they were falling apart, The Beatles were the single most potent musical force in the world. When they were clicking and going full speed, Revolver cemented their legacy. Tracks like 'Rain', 'Strawberry Fields Forever', 'Blue Jay Way', and 'She Said She Said' showed they could transform psychedelia with their own harmony focused twists.

Their psychedelic era was not cut short by Magical Mystery Tour nor Sgt. Pepper's -- they added flavor to previous material (although Pepper's was arguably the most inconsistent of their psych era works) while still shifting the popular culture paradigm. Magical Mystery Tour was built upon some of the best pop tracks of the 1960s, but it was also lined with under appreciated jewels.

By then, they were stretching their own capabilities and each member's patience was running down slowly. The White Album was when the impatience exploded and the studio sessions resulted in a double album that sounds chaotic itself. Despite the chaos, the band managed to stir even MORE compelling content in their experimentation.

Even at the simplest, their songs were effective. At their most complex, they were narratives, collages, unprecedented journeys into the possibilities of pop music.

Name one pop band in history that had more individual talent, taking into account each member. Combined with the wits of George Martin, Paul's bass work (heavily under appreciated) and songwriting as well as John and George's imagination gave their products a quality of transcendence once they finally freed themselves up from touring schedules.

Oh, and Ringo was a great drummer and a fine songwriter as well. 'Don't Pass Me By' was genuinely good.
>>
>>74779817
I'd also like to include another fact of the matter: The Beatles were constantly praised by their contemporaries, who were infatuated with their solutions to musical questions. The Beatles inspired Brian Wilson to attempt to bring SMiLE to existence, and Wilson was simply one of the greatest composers in history.
>>
>>74779674
They're amazing, but people who don't even listen to them shouldn't be like "OMG THEYRE THE BEST BANDS EVER DUDE" because it waters the music down to bragging rights. Happened to Nirvana too.
>>
>>74779979
I avoid people like that.
>>
>>74779817
ok thank you for saying pop
ive seen so many beatles fans that are just so unable to call the beatles pop and it takes away from who they were
>>
LINKIN PARK
RADIOHEAD
NIRVANA
AC/DC
>>
>>74779817
Is this a copy pasta?
>>
>>74780723
Yes to all other than Radiohead, were linkin park ever even that highly rated anyway? Hybrid theory is meme music and the rest of their discography is just shit
>>
>>74779674
Hi, Reddit
>>
>>74780630
The Beatles are pop, honestly. Also a great rock band, but they have a different style from what we consider rock today (give Buddy Holly's album a listen and you can really see where they're coming from). That said, I feel they kind of transcend just about all boundaries.

Also, the entire point of The Beatles is their mix between being experimental and having just enough pop sensibilities that it all sounds listenable.
>>
>>74781157
Give one (1) reason why either could be classified as "bad"?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.