[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You wanted to know /mu/'s opinion on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: naked faggot.jpg (177KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
naked faggot.jpg
177KB, 630x630px
It's shit. And yeah, I do care to elaborate.

17 is a bad album musically, but let's take a look at it without listening to music first.
First track - "The Explanation". Do you know the filmmaker's rule "show, not tell"? I think the same should apply to music. I mean, this spoken word intro could be done alright, but it actually says one thing: only listen to this album if you're willing to LISTEN and UNDERSTAND, read: like me. This way if you actually dislike what you heard someone can say to you "bruh but did you LISTENED TO THE INTRO?" Fuck that and fuck you! I will listen to it and I reserve my right to dislike it.
Speaking of dislike: Some people here found that this album is way better then they excepted because they only thought of X as a meme rapper. I judge him as an artist. Period.

Next, the album's "concept".
The album's concept is X. Depression is not this album's concept. Depression does not sounds like the whining on "Dead Inside". Depression sounds like silence. Depression also does not look like hanging yourself on Snapchat, than getting mad when people actually believe you. And depression sure as fuck does not look like begging for likes so you will release your album. X gets some credit for not being the glossy-romanticized side of depression. Instead, X is "I'M DEAD INSIDE" kid who takes himself way too seriously.

And finally, the music: It's shit. It is not something you'd want to go back to. I had some hope at " Jocelyn Flores", but I knew I hated the album at "Dead Inside". When it's not outright bad, it's forgettable.
If you liked it... okay.

I know what it feels like being depressed. I am not a hater of X, he had some really good songs before.

But this album? It's shit.

2/10
>>
"A collection of scattered thoughts" described thsi album pretty well kek
>>
>>
>>74779086
"Who the hell cares?" is not a valid argument if you actually took the time to search a picture online and post it here instead of just hiding this thread.
>>
>>74779086
Family Guy isn't cool to watch anymore
>>
I probably would like this album more if it wasn't for that corny as hell intro.
I can't believe Kendrick Lamar, who has arguably the greatest rap concept album, likes this album so much.
>>
>>74779370
They didn't post that image because of Family Guy, they posted it because it's been a reaction image for years.
>>
File: deadmems.png (146KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
deadmems.png
146KB, 400x365px
>>74780118
xD lmfao
>>
why even listen to it? just to form an opinion on it? if it's not your type of music and you've heard his viral soundcloud shit, you know you're not gonna like his album. whether or not this influences music is another argument; i kind of think it will.

the fashion and trap and internet "let's be ignorant and young and fuck everyone" style is not going anywhere. lil yachty is already passe, but bubblegum trap is part of the new wave already.

shit's moving fast, just stop complaining and see where it all goes. people on this board sound like disapproving parents of punk kids. doesn't make it good or bad, but it's culture nonetheless. art is dialogue, after all. and what better dialogue than teens on designer drugs living out a fantasy behind an internet platform
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.