[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keyboardist questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Yamaha E453.jpg (82KB, 750x323px) Image search: [Google]
Yamaha E453.jpg
82KB, 750x323px
Anyone play " arranger style " keyboards? Is picking up arranger first (before actual piano) will fuck my piano playing in the long run?

Interested in getting one of Yamaha PSR models, I know that playing actual piano first is better to learn keyboard instruments, but an arranger seems more fun to play most songs and as a one man band at home (and I don't have the budget for both right now)

I had experiences in cover bands at school as a guitarist and bassist in bands but that was a long time ago, not sure if it amounts to anything now other than basic understanding of music theory and rhythm, counting beats, and ear-picking major / minor chords, notes, and key signatures
>>
Go for it. Playing keyboards like that won't really hinder your ability to play piano. I know plenty of people who are great pianists that did most of their learning on simple electronic keyboards and transitioned to piano later. There are some things you want to look out for though; get a keyboard that has velocity sensitivity, a good amount of octaves (at least 4), and the option of a sustain pedal.
>>
A good keyboard will not hinder your piano skills in the long run at all, as long as you have what the previous anon said.
-sustain pedal
-good realistic keys (weighted or something)
-velocity sens

Most keyboards with all of these should be long enough. DONT Jew out on size though. Mine is 6 and a bit octaves and I still wish it was bigger sometimes. my keyboard in pic related is a Dgx-230 which has been great and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
>>
File: IMG_0034.jpg (64KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
64KB, 640x641px
>>74779499
>>
>>74778440
Thank you, I'll keep it in mind

>>74779499
Is DGX even an arranger? It's being marketed as portable piano who has a few arranging features, so I don't know. And almost every arranger I came across has semi weighted organ style keys (DGX is the only exception). Velocity sens, sustain pedal, and enough octave exist in almost every arranger, dunno about fully weighted piano style keys

Thanks though
>>
what you want is as follows:

>good scale length
>weighted or semi-weighted keys with aftertouch
>midi compatibility
>expression/sustain pedal support
>direct audio out

If you want your keyboard to sound like something other than a keyboard connect it to a DAW and use vsts. If you want to arrange music do the same. Don't buy a shitty keyboard made for the purposes of "arranging" that sacrifices the actual quality of the instrument. You'll regret it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.