[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck rockism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: ro.jpg (570KB, 1849x1239px) Image search: [Google]
ro.jpg
570KB, 1849x1239px
fuck rockism
>>
Cringe
>>
>>74776886
I wasnt born around the time to even experience rave music from the early 90s. I got into it in my 20s from watching old movies from that time. I also really enjoyed Zomby's Where Were You In 92. Does this make me the equivalent of some vaporwave fag?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1SCBqG4Wg
>>
>>74777340
>rockist detedcted
>>
>>74777459
cringe
>>
>>74777441
damn why are you even thinking about stuff like that. why should you have been alive to experience the 90s rave scene to appreciate the songs. the rip on vaporwave also confirms your retardation
>>
What the fuck is rockism anyway
>>
>>74779287
Looking at everything from a rock POV, for example full length albums are a rock thing, no other genre cares
>>
>>74779277
People who are into vaporwave romanticize a period they never experienced. I don't want to be like that. Sometimes I feel I shut my self down from listening to modern music because I think older stuff was better.

I don't think you actually put any thought in what you wrote. You probably listen to vaporwave though.
>>
File: 1495515808550.gif (22KB, 226x226px) Image search: [Google]
1495515808550.gif
22KB, 226x226px
You look like you're in another world but I can read your mind
It's four o'clock in the morning and it's starting to get light
*thuds intensify*
overrated imo
>>
>>74779453
Try it at 4am after being inna club
>>
>>74779400
>for example full length albums are a rock thing, no other genre cares
That's factually wrong.
Jazz music used full-length as a primary way of releasing new music pretty much as soon as it became a thing (in the early 50's).
Even electronic related music uses albums as a primary way of releasing new music, along with EPs and singles.
Pretty much every single genre uses albums, except for classical music and traditional folk music, which still exist under the format of compilations which emulates the full-length LP format.
>>
>>74779533
using albums != caring
>>
>>74779564
What is "caring" then?
>>
>>74779572
rockism
>>
>>74779583
Everyone cares about albums. I don't see how that makes a "rockist" out of anyone
>>
File: 1503448325845.jpg (79KB, 670x671px) Image search: [Google]
1503448325845.jpg
79KB, 670x671px
>>74776886
it's another "autist starts a shitty thread" episode
>>
>>74779590
>Everyone cares about albums.

*/bleep/ wew externally*
>>
>>74779621
only you and maybe a grand total of 10 other persons in the entire world think albums are a rock thing only
>>
>>74779640
Yep, 10 of us

>Coined in 1981 by English rock musician Pete Wylie with his Race Against Rockism campaign, the term was used humorously by self-described "anti-rockist" critics in the British press.[2] A "rockist" may also be someone who regards rock music as the normative state of popular music.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockism_and_poptimism
>>
>>74779664
I've never laughed so hard in my entire life
>>
If being rockist means making /bleep/ autists mad then I'm rockist and proud.
>>
>>74779287
Its one of the complete opposite reasons why rockist say listen to full albums (because there are countless songs never make it into the charts on each album and you'd miss out), well there are entire '''''''''''''''''electronic''''''''''''''' genres which never released albums and by only listen to albums, you'll miss out, vica versa.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.