[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer the Smiley Smile or the SMiLE versions of Wind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: smileysmile.jpg (206KB, 352x350px) Image search: [Google]
smileysmile.jpg
206KB, 352x350px
Do you prefer the Smiley Smile or the SMiLE versions of Wind Chimes, Wonderful and Vegetables
>>
>>74772919
Smiley Smile versions are objectively better in every single way. SMiLE was an attempt to pander to the normies and line the pockets of the aging members of the band. It should never be listened to under any circumstance. Smiley Smile on the other hand is the band's magnum opus
>>
>>74772939
...I feel like if SMiLE was pandering to anyone it was the ultra-hyper-mega fanboys who were screaming "GIVE US SMILE, BRIAN"
Not going to argue against them being the better versions, though, I do think the Smiley Smile versions of those songs are better.
>>
>>74772939
>>74772971
SMiLE has the objectively best version of Surf's Up tho
>>
>>74772983
This is true too, and the best version of Heroes And Villains.
And it has Fire. I love Fire. No fucking idea why.
>>
>>74772939
You dont think those versions of those songs should have ever been released period? Despite being unfinished there was a lot of unreleased material up to that point
>>
REMEMBER THE DAY AY
REMEMBER THE NI NIGHT
>>
depends how high i am
>>
Wonderful arguably sounds cleaner stripped down but I also love the SMiLE version, so I can't choose.

Smiley Smile and SMiLE are both real under appreciated. Such beautiful work. I wish Little Pad was included with the SMiLE track listing, such a subtlely beautiful song.

That gorgeous lyric on Cabin Essence, though:

I want to watch you windblown facing
Waves of wheat for your embracing
>>
>>74772919

WIND CHIMES, SMILEY SMILE
WONDERFUL, LOVE THEM EQUALLY
VEGETABLES, SMILEY SMILE
>>
>>74773106
ALLL DAY LOOONG
>>
>>74772919
>Wilson later stated that while the compilation is "not a far cry" from his original vision, he prefers his 2004 version.
>>
>>74772939

you do realize the album was rushed out and slapped together last minute, right?
>>
>>74772919
SMiLE version of all three. Smiley Smile's Wonderful is probably the best of the remakes though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.