[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try as you might, you will never play a show where everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: sad puppeh.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
sad puppeh.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
>try as you might, you will never play a show where everyone knows your songs by heart and sings so loudly that even you can barely be heard over them
>no one will ever go home from one of your shows in a state of pure euphoria and never stop sore, hoarse voice to talk about that one time they saw Anon's band live
>no musician will ever attribute you as one of their major influences
>you will never see a conversation on the internet raving about how amazing your music is
>you will basically leave this world without having influenced it with your music, even just a bit
why does this thought hurt so much?
>>
Just fucking kill yourself my man
First world problems of a retard who just brags about shit without doing anything to realize his dreams
You should just fucking die now
>>
>>74765633
Short answer: You're a loser. Long answer: You don't actually care about the artistry and the act of creating. You just want to be famous.
>>
>>74765716
>no musician will ever attribute you as one of their major influences
>no one will ever go home from one of your shows in a state of pure euphoria and never stop sore, hoarse voice to talk about that one time they saw Anon's band live
>you will basically leave this world without having influenced it with your music, even just a bit
I don't understand how these seem selfish or narcissistic in any way, really. The motive behind all these things is making others happy via music, or stoking inspiration in other musicians. The one about seeing a thread about your own music is pretty selfish but the rest of them are pretty sweet. What's so wrong with wanting to do something that's legitimate and changes things?
What's so wrong with wanting to be appreciated?
>>
>>74765716
i think op is more disappointed at the fact that his music will never really affect anyone on any level rather than just being selfish

it's nice to make art, but what's the point if no one will ever see it, except maybe your mom?
>>
>>74765820
>The motive behind all these things is making others happy via music

No it isn't. It is about being the source of that happiness. Else you wouldn't be sad. Every single one of my favorite bands and albums are works that came from the depths of sincerity. And that's why they're famous. Not works with all the shit you're talking about.

>>74765946
I've got works on youtube, soundcloud, even newgrounds ranging from 50 views to 226 views since 2011. It's fun and cathartic to make music. If you're not having fun, get a new hobby.
>>
>>74765990
>It's fun and cathartic to make music. If you're not having fun, get a new hobby.
1.) Nobody said he's not having fun. It just makes me sad sometimes that no one will ever care one way or the other.
2.) There isn't a single form of art that always has to be fun. If you're not driving yourself crazy in the process of making something, you're not doing it right.
3.)
>I've got works on youtube, soundcloud, even newgrounds ranging from 50 views to 226 views since 2011
That's not the point. The point is not that your stuff is out, but rather that no one will derive any pleasure from it from having heard it at all. That sucks.
>>
>>74765700
well that wasn't very helpful :(
>>
>>74766082
>Nobody said he's not having fun
He's clearly not: >>74766106
>It just makes me sad sometimes that no one will ever care one way or the other.
Why? Who the fuck cares? Make it for yourself jesus you sound 19 or something.
> There isn't a single form of art that always has to be fun
>If you're not having fun, get a new hobby.
>If you're not driving yourself crazy in the process of making something, you're not doing it right.
Lol get that fortune cookie bullshit out of here. Now I know you're 19.
>The point is not that your stuff is out, but rather that no one will derive any pleasure from it from having heard it at all. That sucks.
Sucks? No it doesn't. It doesn't actually matter Who cares? I made it, had fun, now it's out there virtually forever. Time to move on to the next project.
>>
>>74765633
>>74766300
Two people doing the same thing for different reasons. One for catharsis, one for connection. Why is there a conflict here?
>>
>>74766300
>Lol get that fortune cookie bullshit out of here. Now I know you're 19.
Putting any effort at all into anything you do is 'fortune cookie bullshit' for 19-year-olds now. Who knew?
>>
I feel why it's such a scary thought is that it reminds us of our own mortality and pointlessness. Your mark in history will eventually fade away. Every mark in history does, some just last for far longer. And that's a really scary thought. The thought of your actions being meaningless is actually quite devastating.

Honestly, anon, don't fret too much about it. Fame hasn't made people happy, and I don't think it ever will. That said, keep making music. Someone's bound to come across it, and hopefully it will struck a chord in that person.
>>
>>74765633
>>no one will ever go home from one of your shows in a state of pure euphoria
No that happened, it was standup at a LSD den, but it happened.
>>
>>74766300
>It doesn't actually matter Who cares?
someone's been watching too much *hiccup* rick & morty

how's that intro to philosophy class going?
>>
>old shitty band in college played a show where power went out during our final song

>crowd sang it through to the end with us bc we were apparently well known enough

>tfw nobody knows how any of new decent band's songs go
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.