[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pop punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 24342342342.jpg (58KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
24342342342.jpg
58KB, 480x640px
Why do so many college age kids and beyond love pop punk so much?
>>
because they want to be edgy but can't handle music with actual edge, and can only get into stuff that sounds poppy
>>
>>74765124
What's your argument for people who like both?
>>
>>74765060
chill out dude its fun
>>
>>74765546
the punk part is the potentially difficult part to enjoy, if you already enjoy punk, odds are you enjoy poppier sounding punk as well.
>>
>>74765060
Because it all sounds the same and it's good to be safe with accessible music
>>
because its fun and im gay
>>
>>74765060
It was really popular when they were in middle school.
>>
But........
who DOESN'T love The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, The Undertones and/or The Descendants?
>>
>>74765124
pop punk isn't edgy at all fag
>>
>>74766087
That's old school pop punk

WAY better than modern/new school
>>
>>74766931
there's still some good new bands with the old sound. most of the popular shit is trash though.
>>
File: Cn2FH.jpg (217KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cn2FH.jpg
217KB, 900x1200px
because fall out boy and panic actually have good albums
>>
>>74766974
bc i wanna fuck girls like this
what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>74766962
Yeah good old school pop punk bands that are still around include The Copyrights, Masked Intruder, Teenage Bottlerocket, The Murderburgers, Hospital Job, Direct Hit! etc.
>>
>>74766931
The Ramones are garbage tho
>>
>>74765060
>pop punk
so the same as saying mouthless oral
>>
>>74765060
Because they grew up with it. They're a little younger than me roughly, and it's all the same stuff I listened to growing up. But as music became my number 1 hobby and I went to listen to diverse and crazy shit. They weren't that bothered and just listened to what they knew they liked and just continued to seek out stuff like that. It's not difficult to understand. It's the same reason my parents love George Michael and my grandparents like Buddy Holly.
>>
What is THE punk song?
My suggestions are
-Teenage Kicks
-Outdoor Miner
-Damaged Goods
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0dNMahb5jM
>>
>>74767459
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lic0oCDMfwk
>>
>>74766870
>pop punk is for kids who want to be edgy
>can't handle music with actual edge
Are you mayhaps retarded?
>>
I like punk, I like pop, I like pop punk.

>>74767459
Teenage Kicks 100%, not that OM is bad (it's great), but I think it defines the genre better. I've honestly never even considered Gang of Four to be pop punk
>>
>>74765574
wrong
>>
Because New Found Glory gets all the girls. Rawr.
>>
Because The Buzzcocks are awesome
>>
File: Green Day - Dookie.jpg (2MB, 2380x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Green Day - Dookie.jpg
2MB, 2380x2400px
Green Day and Blink-182 are my guilty pleasures
>>
Pop punk has more in common with proper old school punk like Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers etc than modern punk does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnaX0ePPo5A
>>
Because it's the perfect blend of subculture aestethic and corporatized, bland, music.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 225x224px
>>74765124
Wrong I know what "Edgy" is. Enough to know that what is and isn't edgy changes overtime. I listen to some poop punk.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.