[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top 3 IDM artists from this full list?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1503565878146.png (50KB, 1556x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1503565878146.png
50KB, 1556x1186px
Top 3 IDM artists from this full list?
>>
>>74761223
cabaret voltaire's idm stuff is pretty underrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0INkJ0bFG0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0h_euq4kSU
>>
carbon based lifeforms
shpongle
the orb
>>
File: 1498842748889.jpg (202KB, 1280x976px)
1498842748889.jpg
202KB, 1280x976px
Autechre
Two Lone Swordsman
Richard Devine
>>
>>74761223
Tycho
Shpongle
Zero 7
>>
aphex
autechre
jon hopkins

sorry to pick easy answers but they're the most acclaimed and well known for a reason
>>
>>74761223
So "IDM" has lost all meaning completely now.
>>
>>74761329
yeah op
>>
Autechre
Kim hiorthoy
Flying lotus
Christ. Curio

That's where my knowledge of IDM starts and ends, someone recc me something
>>
>>74761308
>sorry to pick easy answers but they're the most acclaimed and well known for a reason
they are also the only ones you know, right anon? :<)
>>
>>74761393
>>74761223
>>
>>74761404
I mean I won't lie and pretend I've heard most of that list, but I've definitely dabbled in IDM and I've heard probably a bit more than 20 of those artists. I'm confident that many people in this thread will be trying specifically not to pick the likes of aphex to seem contrarian and well-listened, but you can't really deny he's one of the top IDM producers.

though on second thought I might go for Fennesz over Jon Hopkins, haven't listened to him for a while though
>>
File: image:21167.jpg (71KB, 945x591px) Image search: [Google]
image:21167.jpg
71KB, 945x591px
RADIOHEAD
>>
>>74761465
>I'm confident that many people in this thread will be trying specifically not to pick the likes of aphex to seem contrarian and well-listened
Just like you try specifically not to listen to non-surface artists not to seem pretentious and snob
You're being proud of knowing less then others
>>
>>74761693
>Just like you try specifically not to listen to non-surface artists not to seem pretentious and snob
>You're being proud of knowing less then others
where the hell is this from? I've listened to non-surface artists and I'm slowly listening to more as I delver deeper in the genre. literally no one intentionally doesn't listen to less popular artists, and nor am I proud of not having heard as much as others. but unless you're one of those people, I don't see how you can deny that people on /mu/ especially will try and seem as if they're well-listened experts by foregoing some of the best artists purely because they're considered to be among the best.
>>
>>74761223
you have their name highlighted in purple
>>
File: 1503271336760.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1503271336760.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>Zero 7
>Shpongle
>IDM

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>74761762
>sorry to pick easy answers but they're the most acclaimed and well known for a reason
>they are the most popular, therefore they must be the best so I don't have to waste time listening to subpar music
Megatip: being the most popular has little to do with being good

You aren't completely wrong tho, there are people who will name less known stuff to seem smart but people who do the opposite have become the majority in the board
>>
>>74761223
Aphex Twin
Oneohtrix Point Never
Radiohead
>>
>>74761813
>>they are the most popular, therefore they must be the best so I don't have to waste time listening to subpar music
are you some kind of retard? you're literally making up things to pretend as if I'd said them. being the most popular in no way means being the best but get this: often some of the best music will also be the best acclaimed music. it's a pretty crazy coincedence but it's true. and nowhere at all have I said I don't have to waste time listening to subpar music, if anything I said something more akin to the opposite of that.
>>
>Global Communication is not on the list
shit list
>>
>>74761813
>Megatip: being the most popular has little to do with being good
you're wrong. good is when artist finds ballance between real art and popularity
>>
>no Xanopticon
what the hell
>>
Autechre
OPN
Fennesz
>>
>>74761223
tokimonsta
tycho
flying lotus
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.