[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you classify Tom Petty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 61tr2-oeKRL._SL500_.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61tr2-oeKRL._SL500_.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
momcore or pothead dadcore?
>>
>>74761018
my dad's a 61 year old pothead and all he listens to is Neil Young, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin. so nothing that surprising or interesting.
>>
>>74761056
He might be about 10 years too old for the heartbreaker then
>>
Tom Petty is the crossover of Auntcore and Unclecore
>>
B R E A K
R
E
A
K
>>
>>74761076
D O W N
O
W
N
>>
Tom Petty is my dad's favorite artist, but my dad has never smoked weed or a cigarette in his life and hates drug users.

So, I guess, momcore
>>
>>74761084
ironic considering petty is a hardcore pothead
>>
File: 1500576056815.png (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500576056815.png
119KB, 1000x1000px
>>74761018
>ywn again cruise the southern landscape on a mild summer day with your boys in '78
>ywn again pass around a joint and blast petty and his heartbreak band
i want to go back
>>
>>74761018

I hated him when I was younger...thought he was a whiny songster- sorta have buddly holly/dylan/costello vibe but grew to appreciate his depth, his songwriting and even his singing....dude seems pretty legit.
>>
>tfw no indiana girl in an indiana night
>>
heartland aunt and unclecore

this kind of classic rock stuff was particularly big around the midwest and a lot of eastern states.

a lot of the rock in the 70s and 80s was rock being done by working class dudes from Ohio or New Jersey for working class dudes from said areas
>>
SHE WAS
>>
>>74761104
eh. when you're uptight, sometimes you have to make a choice to be into culture that's aimed towards a more hip audience.

imagine being a christian republican and literally every piece of significant pop culture for the last 5 decades has been created by profligates and sodomites.
>>
king of the heartbreaker core
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.