[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is country music permanently JUSTed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: JUST.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
How do we fix country music? I always used to like country and still do but somewhere in the 90s or even earlier it went bad, and now it's just generic dead garbage.
>>
We can fix this just kys
>>
>>74754358
>it went bad
just throw it in the toilet where it always should have been.
>>
Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell are going around winning Grammies and shit and you think country is fucked. Have some more awareness.
>>
>>74754544
>Jason Isbell
That is literally just twangy pop
Take the most generic early 2000s pop song, replace all the electronic and modern instruments that make it catchy and give the souless singer a shitty cheap acoustic guitar, and their you have it.
Maybe add some lyrics about beer, tractors, women, beaches or dirt roads and love and you've got yourself a top 10 country song.
>>
>>74754358

we have to go back to real country, and real blues, which are very closely related.

Something broke in country in the 90s. There were pop country artists that brought in other elements, but it seems like the generation of country that came next was ... less well composed of its individual parts, so much that the only thing that shines through is the poppi-ness of it.
>>
always going to be difficult for country to produce anything of substance as long as its primary audience is people who think art/high culture is for faggots. the bread and butter of art is overly sensitive loser geniuses trying to one up each other by continually pilfering ideas from outside genres. scare them away and everything turns to shit.
>>
Country is just pop now, sure there are good country band's, artists. They're just considered alternative country now.
>>
Hank Williams II killed country in the 70s
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.