[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt: plot your taste over the years >elementary school passing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: yeltsin3_1486359c.jpg (28KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
yeltsin3_1486359c.jpg
28KB, 460x288px
itt: plot your taste over the years

>elementary school
passing interest in pop music and pop punk, but feel embarassed to have taste so reject music outright
>13-14 years old
get into entry level classic rock radio shit, plus weezer. favorite band: rush
>16
into super entry level alternative bands like franz ferdinand and muse
favorite band: muse
>17
learn most of the entry level alt/post-punk albums of the past like the cure and pixies
favorite band: pixies
>18
really into keeping up with new indie music, track bnms like they're the only thing that matter
favorite band: strokes
>19
realize that indie music is a stupid concept and fake as hell, start listening to only a small selection of albums obsessively
favorite band: the dismemberment plan
>20-22
discover weed and a new crop of faves crop up around how good they are to listen to over and over while stoned
favorite band: television
>23-24
really into fusing being stoned and listening to punk/hardcore touchstones, also deep into classic emo
favorite band: the replacements
>25-??
weed abuse has scaled back getting into stuff like will oldham and jason molina

what about you guys, youngsters how you feelin about your growth as people
>>
garage
>>
>>74753303
>elementary school
early-mid 2000s pop punk, entry level classic punk (Ramones, Sex Pistols), GNR, some metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden)
>13-15 years old
'wrong generation' phase of classic rock (Led Zep, CCR), metal (thrash, power, and traditional/NWOBHM stuff), psych-rock and other '60s hippie shit, a little prog, lyrical/conscious 'real hip hop' (Nas, Rakim, Mos Def)
>16-17
much wider breadth of hip hop - Wu Tang, Biggie, Kanye, Clipse, Outkast, Flocka, Curren$y, Odd Future, Lil B, Rick Ross, Chief Keef + alt-R&B (Weeknd and Frank Ocean)
>18-19
get into Death Grips, stop taking hip hop seriously (start listening to Drake), more electronic music (downtempo/chillwave/vaporwave/'IDM') and 'artsy' female vocal pop (Grimes, St. Vincent, Julia Holter, Lorde)
>20-21
Neutral Milk Hotel, Joy Division, classical (tried to learn piano), more electronic (techno, ambient, old school dubstep, juke), a little jazz (BBNG, Kind of Blue)
>22-present
deep house, neo-disco, French Montana, Kraftwerk, OPN, Russian internet rap, world music a la Sublime Frequencies/Music from Saharan Cellphones
>>
>>74753303
Nice blog post you massively lonely faggot.
>25
Fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>74753303
>elementary
akon, eminem, anime nightcore, linkin park
>middle school
dragon force, johnny cash, dubstep, lynard skynard, acdc
>freshman
eminem again, ratatat, edm, kanye west
>junior
underground hip hop, aphex twin, trip hop, The Cure, Cream, The xx
>senior
dad rock, bob dylan, /mu/core, more underground hip hop
>me rn 18
prog metal, instrumental hip hop, 60s rock, trying to get into jazz and prog rock.
>>
>>74753303
Are you me OP?

im a few years older btw, youll soon relapse into indie and start digging through obscure shit again
>>
My whole family is musicians so I was really influenced into some pretty good stuff at a young age.
>elementary school
Strange combination of hip hop, pop punk, and weird rock and classical
My friends all listened to shit like my chemical romance but my dad would play devo, king Crimson, lots of prog so I was always into that. I was just learning cello at this time, so he would also play lots of classical and we would listen to it at night.
>middle school
Had my edgy classical music phase, listed to a lot of Stravinsky, Bartok, etc
>9th grade
started listening to more meme music, got into NMH.
Also listened to a lot of vaporwave shit
>10th grade
Listening to /mu/core made me get back into a lot of stuff my dad liked, started talking to him a lot more, he shows me all the prog stuff he has
He is also really into captain beefheart so he showed me a lot of stuff of his that I hadn't heard before
>11th
Really into Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, all kinds of prog.
I branched out into a little bit of progressive metal, but I couldn't really get into anything with screamo vocals.
>12th
I listened to some newer prog, but mainly stayed the same from previous. Dad and I saw a lot of concerts last year.
In my AP Music Theory class we had to pick a band to share a song from each quarter, so I picked king Crimson. Surprisingly all the black guys in my class, who all play jazz, really liked some of the stuff I played.
That's pretty much what I've stayed with.

It's too late so this is probably all nonsense
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.