[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: a0040567971_10[1].jpg (83KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0040567971_10[1].jpg
83KB, 1200x1200px
Why do people hate this album?
>>
Because it's not le real shoegaze
>>
>>74747564
B-but it's still really good.
>>
Hey I think it's a great
>>
>>74747551
i don't hate it. its just not good. you could argue diiv and the rest of the bandcamp shoegaze kids are doing the sound much better.
>>
>>74748444
>you could argue diiv and the rest of the bandcamp shoegaze kids are doing the sound much better.
You could. You'd be wrong, but no one's gonna stop you from arguing.
>>
>>74747564
Holy shit genre fags need to get the fuck off this board. Who gives a shit if its "MUH TRUE SUBGENRE" just listen to the music. Does it sound good? Then its good. Does it sound bad? Then its shit. Fuck off with this pretentious nonsense. Pathetic. You people don't actually like music, you're just in it for the image.

Disgusting. You're everything wrong with Music fans.
>>
>>74748473
do you honestly think the new album is better than
Candy Claws?
>>
>>74748489
Why compare two bands that both set out to achieve different sounds and have hardly comparable approaches to songwriting? Candy Claws aren't doing "the sound" much better, they're doing their sound very well; Slowdive don't strive for that same sound though so it's not very useful to set them against Candy Claws as the marker of quality
Shoegaze has always been ill-defined and at the very least split between those focusing on use of effects and noise versus cleaner and more melodic dream pop pursuits. It's disingenuous to fault a band for not falling in-line with something they've no intent of fulfilling

Besides, comparing something to something else that is very good doesn't mean the initial thing can't be good itself if it fails to meet or surpass the arbitrary benchmark. If it wasn't better than Candy Claws, what then? It's all or nothing?
>>
>>74748884
>It's all or nothing?
no then its just a record i'll rarely listen to because i don't think the sounds aren't good and not worth me replaying over and over.
>>
>>74748913
That's fair enough but hardly grounds for saying something's not good
>>
>>74748963
whats wrong with saying its not good?
its not bad. but its not good.
>>
>>74748979
Nothing but the method by which you've determined it's not good doesn't make sense; it can only be said to be not as good as the thing you prefer, that's no reason to say it's /isn't/ good
Quality can be determined in part by a work's place amongst others of its kind but that doesn't entirely define its worth

I dunno I just guess to enter a thread asking why people hate something, and say that it's not good, then it's the thread's purpose or at least in its interest to get the the bottom of why

I'm being pedantic really I understand where yr coming from
>>
>>74747564
it is
>>74747551
it doesn't make me feel anything
Don't Know Why is a good good song though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bjoIkuJztI
>>
>>74749293
>I'm being pedantic really I understand where yr coming from
nah its fine. i love slowdive to death more so than mbv. just didn't care for the new release. maybe it'll click later
>>
>>74749394
>it doesn't make me feel anything

Hi Anthony.
>>
>>74748489
>>74747551
It's not bad, but it's not memorable. Pinkshinyultrablast is doing it much better. Grandfeathered is a classic.
>>
>>74750359
How mamy times did you listen to it?
>>
>>74750520
Three times but this isn't Loveless.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.