[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a good album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Bob_Dylan_-_Blonde_on_Blonde.jpg (141KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bob_Dylan_-_Blonde_on_Blonde.jpg
141KB, 300x300px
This is a good album
>>
>>74741591
correct
>>
it really turns every bob dylan trope up to 11 and I can't really say I prefer his music like that. The way the choruses sound (kinda abruptly and in your face with the chord changes), the bit of disconnect from music and lyrics, the songs all being too damn long. idk man. I prefer Freewheelin', Blood, Desire, and Bringing it all Back Home.
>>
Bland on Bland

My goodness...

Much unlike this album, my review will be short and sweet.

I put off listening to this album for so long and now I remember why. If anything, this serves as a reminder as why I consider the fusion of rock and folk to be an utter mistake, save a few select exceptions. The instrumentation in the first track serves as a promising opening. There is an apparent amount of bluesy, brassy swagger, but it's all downhill from there. The rest is so insufferable and it doesn't seem to ever cease. Listening to this was beyond painful. Dylan's vocals are horrid to the point where I just wish I could ignore them which doesn't do any justice to his obvious knack for writing brilliant lyrics. I'd almost enjoy the moments when he isn't singing, but wait... whenever he isn't singing, he decides to blare into his harmonica. Here's the thing about said harmonica: Why in the ever-living fuck does it have to be mixed twenty times louder than everything else?

All the former is without mentioning how much of a blur this album is as a whole. Every track sounds the exact same. If you're going to have the musical ambition to write a double album, your material should at least have some sort of variety.

Painstakingly awful. I don't understand the appeal and I don't think I ever will. Enjoy this if you do, but God knows I don't.
>>
bobby dillard is a fucking loser
>>
It's a great album. I only listen to it maybe once every five years or so, though. Bob Dylan wears on you quickly if unless in anything more than small doses.
>>
File: tmp_31494-Y4CDBD63-01655749959.jpg (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31494-Y4CDBD63-01655749959.jpg
110KB, 600x600px
People slept on this box set, but it's far and away the greatest collection of Dylan's work
>>
I dislike it. Too many words. John Wesley Harding is ten times better.
>>
File: IMG_7296.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7296.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
>>74741591
This is a better album
>>
Has enough time passed to admit that the reason people hated the electric sets when he switched was because he and the Hawks/Band were too stoned to stay in tune or play properly? On every bootleg of that tour ever released, they sound like ass.
>>
>>74744826
Listen to:
Dublin
Paris
London
Manchester
>>
>>74742036
look honey just because you stuff your overwrought prose with all the bluster you can manage does not mean your opinions are justified or interesting
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.