[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW DALEK IS HERE!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: dalek.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dalek.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
http://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/545530932/first-listen-d-lek-endangered-philsophies

AOTY?
>>
I really don't give a single fuck
>>
>That album cover
Are Dalek a shitty metal band now?
>>
>>74738821

Then why did you post in my thread? :~)

>>74738883

No, this is actually a very textured/layered noise rap album. The vocals are so obscured by the instrumentals/beats that they are almost impossible to understand, it's like the hip-hop equivalent of an album like Yellow Swans or something and I really like it.

Definitely better than Asphalt For Eden which was kinda weak but not as good as their best stuff. Definitely gonna have it on repeat for a while though.
>>
>>74739229
>Then why did you post in my thread? :~)

I really don't give a single fuck
>>
this day is going to kick ass
new dalek this morning and new wiki tonight
>>
>>74738815
After listening to the first song I already have a feeling it won't come close to From Filthy Tongue
>>
>>74739229
>The vocals are so obscured by the instrumentals/beats that they are almost impossible to understand

I actually really dig that choice. Dalek's strength have always been the production/beats, and it's nice to see them coming to the forefront
>>
>>74739229
>No, this is actually a very textured/layered noise rap album. The vocals are so obscured by the instrumentals/beats that they are almost impossible to understand, it's like the hip-hop equivalent of an album like Yellow Swans or something and I really like it.
I know, I was making a joke
>>
how do I get into dalek
>>
>>74740839
Start with Gods and Griots, then Absence next, from there check out whatever looks interesting
>>
>>74738883
They actually play metal festivals as of late.
>>
>>74741241
>>74740839

make sure you listen to their debut and also Untitled

honestly none of their albums are bad, they are all worth listening to so you could just go chronologically
>>
>>74739378
new wiki? what the fuuuck really? i had no idea.

also, is ratking even a thing anymore or did that kinda run its course?
>>
>>74741266
>and also Untitled
Seconded. its good to see untitled getting some love its a masterpiece
>>
>>74741266
yeah Images .44 Casings is their fucking opus
>>
Seeing them tomorrow with cult of Luna and Julie Christmas. Whores too
>>
Images...
>>
neat, asphalt for eden was one of my AOTY
>>
I dont pay much attention to the lyrics, but the music playing behind it is always really interesting
>>
Its pronounced DIE-UH-LEK? Who else has been "DAH-LEK" plebbing?
>>
>>74743877
it's pronounced "Day-Ah-Leek"
>>
>>74743978
i lold.

>>74743877
me. Until I heard that song that says it right
>>
budget brand Death Grips
>>
>>74744370

except Dalek came before DG faggot
>>
Fucking death grips ripoff
>>
>>74744992

>>74744921
>>
>>74744370
>>74744992
>Negro Necro Nekros (1998)
>From Filthy Tongue of Gods and Griots (2002)
>Absence (2005)
>Abandoned Language (2007)
>Gutter Tactics (2009)
>Untitled (2010)

All came out before Death Grips' first EP which was in 2011.

That and Asphalt For Eden, currently their only post Death Grips album, sounds nothing like Death Grips.

I get these are probably b8, but I don't want some retard to actually take these seriously.
>>
>>74744992
>>74744370

kys
>>
>>74746932
But none of those albums sound like Death Grips.
>>
>>74738815
nice, self-aware album
rip dalek
>>
This is good, digging the Fred Hampton sample
>>
This is their best since FFTOGAG
>>
>>74744992
Hot new meme

Dälek may have come first Death Gripa took over industrial/experimental rap. Plus DG's discography is better.
>>
>>74741278
wik's new album drops at midnight
ratking still exists but hak left and wik/sporting life havent done shit since he left, but the group didnt fully disband iirc
>>
>>74738821
>>74739345
>>74739427
Better stick around to lil peep my underage teen friend :-)
>>
>>74747181

I think I agree with this
>>
File: dalek.png (35KB, 664x261px) Image search: [Google]
dalek.png
35KB, 664x261px
What will it be?
>>
>>74738815
Halfway through
I really like it. It sounds like a more refined version of their last album. Everything's really dark and smugey, i think the album so far does a great job of having a really diverse group of songs that have different sounds to them, but all seem to have the same tone and mood. Seems to be like Absence but less angry and more depressed.
>>
>>74738815
Nice, might give it a try later.

>>74743877
>>74744356
It's pronounced "dialect" without the 't'.
>>
boring group, is this any different?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.