[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDM will never be as good as it was in the '90s. Am I wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0430.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0430.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
EDM will never be as good as it was in the '90s. Am I wrong?
>>
>>74738413
I think you're probably right, Anon. But others will disagree.

I think the early 2010s was the absolute lowest point for the genre
>>
>>74738413

Tell that cheap Italian I love this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdV-9FwwurY

You guys did it well.

Peace out
>>
>>74738413
The 90's gave birth to lots of good jungle and dnb. Had bad company not created the nine, and ed rush and optical created wormhole, we'd be stuck in the 90's era of grime and jungle. Same applies for house music. If daft punk never made homework, then EDM would have never taken off
>>
>>74738413
Wrong
>EDM was never good
>>
>>74739187
>EDM was never good

deadmau5 and eric prydz at least got that shit down and made it entertaining
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>74739244
>>
Dance music dying in america was the best thing to ever happen to it, you see the monstrosity americans made with "EDM", the 90's and 80's were the height of electronic music only because euro's took hold of it
>>
>>74739440
EDM here in america is a joke. Skrillex kicked it off and killed it off. Even when there was guys like hive, gridlok, dieselboy, AK1200, and some people interested in jungle, it started to be killed in 2012 when everyone made dubstep for some quick cash.
>>
>EDM is bad
>memerap, trap and mumblerap everywhere

fuck ameritards
>>
>>74739244
Anon just no
>>
>>74739470
dance music died after disco died. Electronic music in america used to be at best this underground niche type of thing, but then it exploded in popularity, got watered down, and mass marketed to retards around that skrilliex crap.
All the top electronic stuff came from europe before EDM.
>>
>>74739470
>>74739440
these + america's obsession with identity politics and absolute lack of class consciousness that made euro genres so great in the 90's
>>
>>74739516
Obviously. Skrillex had his fair share of good songs, but SMNS had started the craze for dubstep. It fizzled out because everyone caught on and saw it as terrible. Then 2016 came, and the older sound of wubs finally came back, and riddim became the hot new trend. Rinse and repeat
>>
>>74739542
It's mainly how euros know what works in a club. Compare let it roll to EDC. Two similar like festivals with lots of differences.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.