[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bands like Mercury Rev?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: yerself.jpg (278KB, 1422x1388px) Image search: [Google]
yerself.jpg
278KB, 1422x1388px
Bands like Mercury Rev?
>>
File: image.png (513KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
513KB, 640x1136px
These might be a bit too obvious, but maybe not.

>the olivia tremor control- I have been floated
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P6hkVXpQYYg
>the kinks - Shangri-La (forgotten classic; starts small and folky, complete psychedelic trainwreck by the end)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt0IXkIVvo4
>>
>>74730816
The Flaming Lips
>>
it's literally bad nirvana with sound effects
>>
>>74731288
this makes no fucking sense
>>
>>74731288
lmao
>>
>>74730816
I want the original picture of the cute girl on that cover, right now.
>>
>>74731288
I think you meant to post this in the MBV thread
>>
How did they become so shit once Baker left?
>>
>>74731595
See on the Other Side and Deserter's Songs are still really good but yeah I get the sentiment. I assume it's because Baker handled most of the songwriting when he was with the band and that's why they sound very different after his departure. Not to mention the troubled production of Boces probably encouraged them to go a different path in terms of sound.
>>
>>74731727
I hear Baker really didn't contribute much to the songwriting beyond lyrics - he was mainly in it for videos/live performances
But I do think the problems during the recording of Boces encouraged them to alter their sound
Not to mention that the loss of Baker's more chaotic voice left them only with Donahue's falsetto, so they had to make more tranquil, straightforward music to accommodate it

Also, >>74730816:
Boredoms
Dogbowl
Ant-Bee
Flotation Toy Warning
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
And you need to try music from the Spacemen 3/Spiritualized/Spectrum/Darkside family of artists, especially Spiritualized's Pure Phase and Spectrum's Highs, Lows & Heavenly Blows
>>
>>74732326
Dogbowl is the only one I haven't heard of on that list and the music sounds pretty interesting. thanks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.