[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

five bands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: TheFall.jpg (22KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
TheFall.jpg
22KB, 460x300px
If you only had to listen to like five bands which ones would you choose?
for me it would have to be:

>The Fall
>Eibstürzende Neubauten
>Coil
>Velvet Underground
>Scott Walker
>>
>>74720966
cool choices

>Neurosis
>Yob
>Subtle
>Dead Meadow
>Current 93
>>
>>74720966
>unwound
>ween
>magnetic fields
>the residents
>nina simone
>>
File: 3.png (62KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
62KB, 300x433px
>>74720966
If we are rationalizing based on overall album quality and quantity, then the following based on what I am currently aware of;
>The Fall.
>Merzbow (I know what you are thinking, though given that he has released an extraordinary amount of records and has collaborated with numerous artists it is only fair to assume that there are some gems in his discography).
>The Residents.
>Talking Heads.
>Slovak Radio Orchestra.

>>74721910
Interesting choices anon.

>>74721994
Need to try them all some day. Got 69 Love Songs on CD though alas the length is quite off-putting, similar case with Swans. What is Unwound like? One of the only bands frequently discussed that I know next to nothing about other than their last album being their best supposedly (the black one).
>>
>>74720966
>The Fall

You're alright m8.

Five artists:

The Fall
Sizzla
Scratch Perry
Hank Williams
Stooges
>>
>>74722314
>The Fall.
You are also ok
>>
>>74722314
they are post-hardcore. loud, noisy dissonant guitar playing, shouted and tortured vocals, amazing drum work, incredible basslines that drive the music perpetually forward
(the black one) aka Leaves Turn Inside You is markedly different than all their albums before them. heavy emphasis on atmosphere on that one. it's great but it's not my favorite (that would be 1996's Repetition)

69 Love Songs has a lot of variety (in terms of genre, singers, moods) so it's an engaging listen. also, you don't need to do the whole thing in one sitting. Holiday is probably my second favorite Magnetic Fields release
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.