[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do u think of pop music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: pepe.jpg (119KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
119KB, 800x764px
i think its the same shit over and over agin
bland money making shit that all the normies love
>>
>>74716510
SING SING BLUE SILVERRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>74716510
You have to understand that people who listen to pop music don't have a deeper interest in music so you can't compare their taste to yours. Pop music has its purpose and because it doesn't affect me in anyway, I don't give a shit about it
>>
always seems hypocritical when people look down on "pop" without realizing how vague that word is and how most of what they listen to is probably pop by at least one of the main definitions
>>
File: 1436322170582.png (431KB, 542x595px) Image search: [Google]
1436322170582.png
431KB, 542x595px
>>74716620
>>
>>74716626
/mu/'s been using a lot of fedora reaction images lately, why are you guys getting stupider?
>>
File: 1487131178361.jpg (82KB, 349x447px) Image search: [Google]
1487131178361.jpg
82KB, 349x447px
>>74716694
SING SING BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
File: baba just.jpg (12KB, 487x432px) Image search: [Google]
baba just.jpg
12KB, 487x432px
Pop music is a product, its completely fashioned to extract the most amount of money from the stupidest people on the planet.
The rise of "poptamism" is a cancer that has rendered music a stangante mediocrity where no one aspires for complexity, depth, art, or anything beyond being famous and topping the charts
>>
>>74716753
internet fist bump for understanding and agreeing with my point of view
>>
>>74716753

the film industry is one of the last mediums withstanding that still praises complexity and depth, although the popularity of star wars and lord of the rings shows even then the public mostly buys into marketing.
>>
>>74716778
internet fist bump for understanding and agreeing with my point of view
>>
>>74716778
lol no,
Movies are fucking dead, they just spam super hero garbage and sequals.

They dont even give a fuck about the pretense of being art anymore, they just want an expanded universe so they can sell funkopops to people who are devoid of spirituality and that fill their empty souls with consuming plastic garbage and think they are nerds because they watch the big bang theory
>>
Holy shit, everyone in this thread has to be underage.
>>
>>74716839
"Holy shit, everyone in this thread has to be underage," said Grimes Cuck
>>
>>74716849
Damn, you got me. I'll be sure to take my tripname off next time I post, you literal child.
>>
>>74716862
>you literal child.

not an argument
>>
>>74716862
"Damn, you got me. I'll be sure to take my tripname off next time I post, you literal child," he said, as he slid his hand over his chastity cage, wondering if Claire still had that key he threw on stage last month.
>>
>>74716510
There's nothing wrong with pop music
Sometimes I like to blast some easy to listen pop instead of some avant garde noise album
>>
>>74716888
Did I say or imply it was an argument?
Here's an argument: The amount of musical awareness you require in order to be a successful pop music composer/producer is greater than the effort it took to throw together your favourite punk record. Disregarding modern pop music as being devoid of complexity is fucking idiotic. As far as dismissing it for the target demographic goes, who the fuck cares? Are you that insecure? You're probably the type of people to deny that Swimming Pools is a pop rap song because you feel like an ""intellectual"" listening to it.
>people who listen to pop music don't have a deeper interest in music
Spotted the delusional Arcade Fire fan.
>>
JUMPMAN JUMPMAN JUMPMAN THEM BOYS ARE UP TO SOMETHING
>>
>>74716993
Pop music is fucking easy to make.
Its such a joke the KLF wrote a manual about it
>>
>>74716993
>Arcade Fire
>not pop
you're right in principle, though. Sort of, at least. Even if it took a lot of skill to design, it's still designed to appeal to a low common denominator. It's kinda like how children's books might have been written by adults who majored in english and child psychology and knew EXACTLY how to write them, but they're still for kids ya know? Grow up and good luck finding your key.
>>
>>74717025
>edgy house music producers trying to undermine quality of other genres
Priceless.
>>74717032
I'm not seeing how that's significant to considering pop music to be bad. The Beatles' music was also manufactured for mass appeal in their time. The maturity of the music listener is determined by what they enjoy listening to, not by the demographic the artist has in mind.
>>
When you sat pop do you mean more like MJ Bowie and Prince" or just popular musical in general which would included radiohead, the Beatles, Pink Floyd and such
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.