[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he can't explain why he likes/dislikes a piece of music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1475079864580.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1475079864580.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>he can't explain why he likes/dislikes a piece of music
>>
dude it's intangible lmao
>>
sounds good desu
>>
>he doesn't actively dislike anything and has only shades of enjoyment for the art he consumes
>>
>>74712412
>>74712497
You weebteam types convinced me when I was younger that taste should be defined by what you don't like rather than what you do but that just made me depressed and a pseud, I know bad music when I hear it now but it can derail someone's enjoyment of music pretty badly if they're not careful
>>
File: 1484889662116.png (640KB, 704x476px) Image search: [Google]
1484889662116.png
640KB, 704x476px
>recommend an album to a buddy
>"it sucks"
>"why does it suck"
>"it just sucks lol"

its almost like music is subjective or something...
>>
>>74712734
>taste should be defined by what you don't like rather than what you do
This is a miscommunication; while disparaging sub-par music has its place externally, you shouldn't let it consume your internal judgement process.
>>
>listen to harsh-noise
>turns out to be exactly that
>>
>>74712412
nobody can
>>
>>74712773
I think youre right but what I sometime wonder is if you're going to willingly listen to some music, that means you probably have a pre-concieved notion that it's going to be good. Being able to listen to that music and realize it's bad might say more about your critical thinking skills than if you were to listen to it and "enjoy" it. And using your preferences to not waste time on bad music ties into musical maturity lesson #001 and all that
>>
>>74712497
This
what's the point of actively hate something? I'd rather use my time for things I enjoy
>>
>>74712767
not an argument, faggot
>>
>>74712840
I'm too jaded at this point to assume that something will be good before listening to it most of the time, unless it's from a very consistent band that I swear by. Active listening tends to kill enthusiasm for most music simply because most music can't sustain attention for that long. I consider apathy in my own response to be the mark of truly terrible music.

I might be misunderstanding your post, however.

>>74712841
In the context of discussing music (which is where most people solidify their opinions instead of having them exist in a nebulous state subject to immediate change), scathing criticism or lavish praise can help in attacking the middle and polarizing listeners which serves to encourage people into actually articulating their opinions. Wishy-washy opinions beget wishy-washy conversations.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.