[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do musicians listen to their own music for fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Do musicians listen to their own music for fun?
>>
>>74709640
not a musician, but I draw stuff and the more i look at what i've made the more i find flaws and reasons to hate it
>>
Some do, some don't. I personally don't because if I do 30-50 takes of a song while recording it, I usually get sick of it by the time I'm done.
>>
>>74709640
I like to listen back to songs I write just for the nostalgia of it. It really brings me back to where I was when I wrote it, I imagine a lot of artists do the same.
>>
>>74709640
Yea but I only make music that I think is good
>>
>>74709640
Not really, they are busy creating it.
>>
>>74709640
Usually by the time i'm done mixing and get to the releasing stage, I've listened to the tracks 50-100 times each so i'm pretty worn out and start seeing all the flaws in the music. That mixed with trying to maintain the songs energy live and it can be tough.

But occasionally when I need some inspiration/am feeling good about the music, i'll go back and listen. After all, you should (ideally) be making music that you want to hear.
>>
>>74709745
>>74710408
these

Also, for me, I make my music to get it out and move on to the next thing
>>
No I'd imagine musicians hate their music more than anyone because they hear it about 10 times a day until they retire
>>
>>74709640
I listen to my tracks sometimes to make sure they are still as good as when I decided they were finished or to compare my old crappy stuff to my more recent stuff. Sometimes I genuinely enjoy certain parts and use them as motivation to keep going and keep getting better like "Wow, I did that? I might actually have some potential after all!"
>>
>>74710408
This
>>
File: dance.jpg (240KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
dance.jpg
240KB, 480x480px
>>74710408
Oftentimes I'll listen to recordings that I made 5+ years ago and the stuff I thought was good at the time occasionally turns out to not be very good, and the stuff that I thought wasn't very good can occasionally surprise me with some hidden goodness. This basically leads me to the conclusion that I have no idea what I'm doing, but apparently it's just barely good enough for a few other people to want to listen it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.