[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

clo-sir or clo-zer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Joy_Division_Closer.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Joy_Division_Closer.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
clo-sir or clo-zer?
>>
>>74707867

95% positive it's Clo-zer
>>
see loser
>>
Zer all the way
>>
Clo-sir. Like the Chainsmokers song ft. Halsey :^)
>>
>>74707867
Holy shit, I always assumed that it was clo-sir. I never even considered that it could be clo-zer.
>>
>>74707867
the former sounds better so that is what we go with
>>
I think in all the interviews for the album Peter Hook it's called "Clo-sir"
>>
clo-xir
>>
>>74707867
It's both
>>
>>74707867
the double meaning is intended. say it how you want.
>>
IDK, ask Ian
>>
>>74707867
Close-Hurrr
>>
>>74709804
double speak is most likely intended.
>>
>>74707899
cloozer?
>>
>>74709281
underrated
>>
>>74707867
According to my dad who bought the record on release it's Clo-sir
>>
Closer as in to close a door. That's what they say in that one documentary and on the Wikipedia page.
>>
it's closer
>>
We'll never know senpai and that's the beauty of it
>>
Closure
>>
>>74713254
woah... how daring... joy division is truly the punk band for intellectuals..
>>
clauszir
>>
File: 1492579974249.jpg (144KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1492579974249.jpg
144KB, 572x303px
>>74707867
I've always thought of it as clo-sir, but I guess clo-zer is better.
>>
>>74707867
Clozier
>>
I don't understand anything in this thread, english isn't my first language. would anyone care to explain?
>>
>>74713010

I'm not taking sides but this is a really weird thing to say. Do you think the cashier at the store had to tell everyone the proper pronunciation as they bought it? Why would the cashier even be given that information?
>>
>>74715062

They are two very different words that are spelled the same, one being the state of two things becoming more close (those trains are getting closer) and the other being a thing that ends something else (being sandwiched between two trains was quite a closer to his legacy).
>>
>>74715062
nothng this is just a retarded /mu/ meme
>>
>>74715062
Closer, pronounced clo-sir: to get near something
>I saw the brick wall get closer as I walked towards it
Closer, pronounced clo-zer: the last part of a performance or whatever
>The school's singing club used "Baby Got Back" as their closer in last night's recital
>>
>>74712964
>>74709281
i laughed, ty anon for funny comment
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.