[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i play Piano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: how do i play.jpg (2MB, 3072x1765px) Image search: [Google]
how do i play.jpg
2MB, 3072x1765px
I learned to play guitar and i can play really difficult songs on it. But everytime i try to play difficult songs on piano i just fail and i dont understand how to learn it.
Slow and easy songs area fine but if the right hand goes far up to the right and back and the same with the left is just impossible.
Or if the left hand suddenly has to play a kind of melody while the right hand is also following a melody, its just to much. I want to learn a song but it is really difficult for and maybe even impossible. Can someone help me out and give some advices?
>>
Please help.
>>
>tfw cant win against the kpop threads
>>
>>74705564
bump
>>
By practicing you goof
>>
>>74705564
what most people don't get is that playing piano needs technique. I don't know why, but a lot of people I talked to think that piano playing is just memorizing and that you could memorize one song as a noob and play it, and still don't be able to play anything else. I can't even tell you how stupid this is. Start with something very basic, like Bartok's microcosmos or Clementi's sonatinas, and build a solid technique on that basis.
>>
>>74706081
Okay thats a start to pick up, thanks. But what exactly do you mean with technique? The way the fingers move between the keys?
>>
Don't just go into it thinking "alright I'm going to play this and that piece".
Get a cheap piano.
Don't play on keyboards or semi-weighted keyboards.
Watch tutorials on YouTube (there are a lot of very good ones for basics).
Learn the circle of fifths, scales, intervals, voicings etc.

Practice every day. It doesn't matter if it's for 20 minutes, an hour or 4 hours. Just practice.
>>
>>74706160
>get a piano instead of a keyboard
I already own a almost 1k€ keyboard which is like 5 maybe 6 years old. There is no real space for a piano and i maybe couldnt really afford it because studying and no real cashflow.
Yes that playing everyday is someting that i was doing on guitar but i learned much faster and better on guitar and didnt got bored of it. Piano on the other hand is kind of harder. I can play two really easy songs on piano and thats it. I probably get later on demotivated because of my slow progress. But thanks for the thing i can directly learn like (circle of fifths, scales, intervals, voicings). I will check them out and see how it helps me.
>>
>>74706300
Is the keyboard fully weighted?
Hammer action is good as well.

And I can guarantee learning techniques will help you.
>>
>>74706145
>The way the fingers move between the keys?
that's the very definition of the art of piano playing, yes.

I think this covers the whole topic and is a standard for decades
https://www.amazon.de/Rational-Principles-Piano-Technique/dp/148030459X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1503438941&sr=8-2&keywords=cortot+piano

but I have to warn you, don't do one mistake everyone does (and I think you will, too): don't rush your technique! do only the exercises, the use of which is evident to you. Don't do exercises you don't understand and expect the cosmos to reward you for it! There are exercises in this book that are a few notes long but can occupy you for month.
Learn the exercises you want to do by heart and repeat them, feeling every muscle and every joint that takes part in the movement, and cancle everything out that isn't necessary
>>
File: this one.jpg (167KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
this one.jpg
167KB, 1500x1500px
>>74706425
Looks like pic related but the feets are different. Also i think i only have one pedal and i am not sure if my cousen still has it or not. Are pedals necessary? I heard they let the tone glide kind of.
>>
>>74706450
Well i learned one basic thing for moving through the keys with my thumb on the left had. But i didnt really learn any more and just used it on all the songs i learned before.
So i rather just learn the pattern of how to move my finger than to learn the actual finger?
How will this be applied on a song? Will i be atomatically use a patterned i exercised before? I kinda dont understand why there are so many patters that could take months to learn as you said.
>>
File: plane-solar-eclipse-2018.jpg (512KB, 4496x3000px) Image search: [Google]
plane-solar-eclipse-2018.jpg
512KB, 4496x3000px
>>74705564

Do >>74706160, but I'd actually recommend two things differently.

It's perfectly find to get a *weighted* (not semi-weighted) keyboard, and used ones can be found around the $350-$400 range, e.g. Yamaha. They're fine for practice and don't take much space.

Also, find a teacher. Seriously. Youtube and books will only take you so far. Teachers will accelerate your learning, help correct you on form, and also give you foundation material. If you have community centers in your area, sometimes music group teachers can be found.

Finally, just have some fucking fun. Too many people burn out because they don't see the results of scales and theory and rote practice, even if it is necessary at times. People would be surprised how much they can learn in a year if they're having fun AND paying attention to what they're doing.
>>
>>74706594
the goal is to use only the muscles you need, so that your movements won't be limited. This is especially important for the use of the thumb, to be able to play scales up and down fluently, that consist of more than 5 notes.
Secondly you have to develop a good use of your arm, which is important for a lot of techniques, especially chord play and playing different melodies with one hand. Then there are big intervalls, which need both good use of your fingers and your arm. These are only a few examples, but to play a complicated piece you need to know for every difficulty the technique to solve it, and if you don't know it, you can practice it for years and won't be able to play it. If you're afraid of a spot in a piece or don't genuinely like to play it, it's a sign that you don't have the proper technique yet. I think you could say this in general: you have the right technique, if you like to play, if it is even nice to think about playing the notes.
You won't ever gain this technique if you're goals aren't pure, if you just like to play to impress someone or show yourself that you can get whatever you want.

If I can't talk you out of it, a few tips:
1. keep your thumb always above the keys
2. keep your thumb always stretched
3. never move your upper arm away from your body; only make sideways moves by rolling your upper arm
4. keep your fingers always as stretched as possible (which can be not stretched at all sometimes)

If you have to break one of these rules, it's a certain sign that your on a wrong path
>>
>>74706713
Well the problem with me is i only have fun if i can play songs fluently but i need more and more to vary on. As i mention before i often get motivated if play like 2-3 hours on a song and only can play like the intro. Yes a teacher would be nice but i am kind of a introvert so i probably will stick to youtube toturials and boosk.
>>
>>74706839
Well i really enjoyed playing guitar and i wanted to give piano a try a longer time now. Not really trying to impress anyone but me. Thank you for the advices you and the others. I will note that thread so i can watch back if i have problems but that really helped me out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.