[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flawless albums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

What are some albums you consider to be absolutely flawless?

This isn't exactly the same thing as your favourite albums, because I can point out a few flaws in most of my favourite albums despite my love for them.

I'm talking about albums where there isn't a single weak track, or even a single weak second. Where from start to finish it grabs you, brings you into its world and never dips in quality for an instant.

Pic related is some albums I'd consider flawless. What are some of yours?
>>
>>74705176
bumpin
>>
>Breakfast In America next to Out To Lunch

Why? How can someone who truly understands the greatness of Out To Lunch think that a random Pop Rock album with a few hits is flawless? Ya some of it catchy but there are certainly weak and forgettable tracks that just blend into the late 70s pop rock stuff.
>>
File: IMG_0511.jpg (28KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0511.jpg
28KB, 300x299px
>>
>>74705824

It's hardly a "random" Pop Rock album.
>>
>>74705824
Personally, I don't think any of it is weak or forgettable. I think at every second there is some great pop melody coming through. But that's not the only appeal. I think that in terms of arrangement, the album is impeccable. Every instrument is exactly where it needs to be, cutting through the mix at exactly the right moment for maximum impact. It also takes prog influences and tones them down to the perfect level, where you still get the scale but none of the pomp or excess.

I wouldnt put a more avant garde album like out to lunch on a higher echelon than breakfast in america just because one is avant garde and one is pop. They both excel at what they set out to do imo. Im assuming you might prefer avant garde music to pop music but thats just a preference thing and personally I can go either way most of the time.
>>
File: IMG_1301.jpg (239KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1301.jpg
239KB, 600x600px
>>
>>74705176
As a huge fan of prime David Yow (specifically the Scratch Acid EP but also The Jesus Lizard), I don't think Goat is flawless in any way, for one thing, it's very front-loaded, it has no bad tracks but it does put all its best up front and then just sort of sizzles out by the end
>>
File: The Drift.jpg (549KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
The Drift.jpg
549KB, 700x700px
Some of the most vivid, uncanny songwriting of all time.
>>
File: a0825744619_10.jpg (649KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a0825744619_10.jpg
649KB, 1000x1000px
>>74705176
>Jane Doe
my negro
>>
>>74706790
I could totally see how you would think that. The last songs are quite a bit different than the first ones, they have more of that southern feel and less dissonance. But some of my fav songs on the whole record are on the back half so I would have to respectfully disagree
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.