[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Do Normal People Like Shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: MUSIC.png (907KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
MUSIC.png
907KB, 1366x768px
Hello /mu/
Is it eletist to beleive that pop music is complete and utter garbage?
300M Views - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyaI4-5849w [Embed]
109K Views - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7StOMRBOU
9.7K Views - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUwAzgyQYSM

wahh wahh wahh wahhhh - 300Million Views
All I need to know is how to gain control, to the shape the soul -
109K Views
It's been thirteen seconds since you all last said... - 9.7K views

Why do so many people like garbage? Are they brain-dead or is this unironically a normie thing?

(btw, post your tunes)
>>
People watch the music video they don't really care about the song.
>>
its music isnt it
>>
File: 1481444528370.jpg (935KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481444528370.jpg
935KB, 1920x1080px
you dont know how youtube works, you cant judge how good or pleb something is just on its view count
>>
pop music no
these top 40 videos shilled by youtube and the radio yes
>>
normies just like catchy tunes
>>
>>74702831
normal people like stuff they can relate to with a tune they can remember and a beat they can dance to
you're basically the same, except you're a misanthropic shut-in so you can only relate to meaningless garbage and you don't know how to sing, dance, or experience love
>>
Because they're under 11 yrs old and they don't know better
>>
It's background music, they're not paying attention to it so it really doesn't matter as long as it has a catchy hook with repeated words
>>
>>74702865
>you dont know how youtube works, you cant judge how good or pleb something is just on its view count
i wasn't judging quality on view count, i was judging people on viewcount.
>>74702888
>normies just like catchy tunes
Thats the problem for me though, they don't seem to care about quality of music, only quantity.
>>74702951
But even then better music would be desired over trashy music where the same word is repeated for 1/3 of the song.
>>74702894
>normal people like stuff they can relate to with a tune they can remember and a beat they can dance to
Fair enough.
>you're basically the same, except you're a misanthropic shut-in so you can only relate to meaningless garbage
meaningless huh? How is it meaningful to talk about drugs, money and "dat ass"? Are you implying pop music lyrics are substatial?
>and you don't know how to sing, dance, or experience love
I sang as lead in a choir for 4 years, and was top of my class in both hip-hop and break dancing. I know waht love is and it certainly is not "baby i want dat ass!"

Some the the """""""""glorious""""""""" lyrics these trash people listen to:
""My hump, my hump, my hump (ha), my lovely lady lumps (Check it out).""
""I'mma make you my bitch / Cake, cake, cake, cake / Cake, cake, cake, cake / Cake, cake, cake, cake / Cake, cake, cake.""
and a """"""""""""masterful"""""""""""" metaphor to go with it:
""Someone left the cake out in the rain / I don't think that I can take it / Cause it took so long to bake it / And I'll never have that recipe again.""

Again i ask why anyone would like this stuff. There are people who genuinely believe this trash is good.
>>
Wild thoughts is so fucking bad
>>
>>74703141
>hating on MacArthur Park
nigga u beder bak da fuk up
>>
>>74704866
be mad MacArthur fag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwYQgk05DY

Used him as an example because he still falls for the same trashy shit as every other pop song, better than most but not best.
>gay metaphors
>about love or losing love (like every fucking song)
>meaningless repetition (repetition for the sake or laziness)

Stay mad MacArthur fag.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.