[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Music you know is shit but end up listening to it anyway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0337.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0337.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
ITT: Music you know is shit but end up listening to it anyway
>>
is this really the heralded future of emo?
>>
>>74700394
yep.
>>
>>74700454
why?
i'm not opposed to it nor am i promoting it but why is it the big new thing for emo music? i think it might be because emo like the last time it got big has been slowly absorbed into other genres again and now you have a fusion genre thats more popular than the original new surge bands were because it's binded with trap, the most popular genre at the moment for popular music
>>
>>74700476
you're pretty much exactly right
p4k and other numedia for music are pushing it because "trap" is the sound of the decade and what kids identify with and those outlets know appeal to kids is the way to get the clicks. Lil Peep does emo (music for sad kids) over trap beats (the most popular sound of the decade) so it's a pretty clear connection why people say its the future of emo.

the other GBC members are all doing pretty interesting stuff, especially wicca phase springs eternal who was in actual emo bands, but peep is just the biggest character with the poppiest most accessible music.

I see the objective badness and cringeness in him but for some reason I love him, its like 10 year old me and 17 year old me went into a lab and made a weird science esq rapper/singer.
>>
>>74700394
>>74700454
>>74700476
>>74700571
this degenerate has nothing to do with emo and emo is doing pretty fine without him

theres tons of different emo stuff out there at the moment, it doesn't really need a future or saving or anything like that
>>
>>74700597
could you rec me some recent emo releases? all i've listened to this year was the new chinese football release and pictures of vernon which i thought was mediocre but not bad
>>
>>74700597
agree but he is the "heralded" future. most music journalists are pushing him for the "we get you gen z!" factor.

my 14 year old brother asked me if i knew what pitchfork was, and said he found them through their come over when you're sober review
>>
Reminder that its the same guy making these threads.
>>
>>74700630
>my 14 year old brother asked me if i knew what pitchfork was, and said he found them through their come over when you're sober review
don't know why or how to put this into words but this just sounds kind of sad to me :(
>>
>>74700640
me too but i guess p4k is a step up from shitty lofi mixes on soundcloud
>>
>>74700571
I feel trashy when I listen to him but I can't stop listening
>>
>>74700605
Not the Anon you asked but:

Gates - Bloom & Breathe
Old Problems - Demo (if you like Screamo + Midwest Emo)
Pity Sex - Feast of Love
Suffocate for Fuck Sake - In My Blood (Heavier Screamo+Post-Rock, lite Sludge Metal)
Pretend - Circular Ræsoning (Post-Rock/Math Rock, release from this year)
>>
File: IMG_1875.jpg (114KB, 900x1186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1875.jpg
114KB, 900x1186px
Why is Gustav objectively the best emo rapper?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.