[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: Science_Fiction.jpg (3MB, 4134x4134px) Image search: [Google]
Science_Fiction.jpg
3MB, 4134x4134px
thoughts?
>>
>>74696773
Their second best, my current AOTY, but Ive been behind recently but I have a feeling it'll stay in my top 5
>>
better than daisy, but its falls a little shy of the devil and god. but yes definitely album of the year material. its a solid album for them to go out on.
>>
>>74696773
The guitar opening to Batter Up sounds incredibly familiar, like I've heard it in a different song from a different band but I can't place it and its irritating the fuck out of me.
>>
i like that album art
>>
File: 1446419447937.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1446419447937.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
First listen right now, will update
>>
The album is really good closure for the band. I feel like it takes sounds and styles from all their previous work and feels like a 'best of' album.

It does sound a little less experimental than their previous work, but I feel like that's the point.
>>
it's a Brand New album for adults
>>
>>74696773
I'm still only at first impressions but so far I am really liking this album.
>>
been listening to it looped for 6 hours now
>>
>>74697219
I came here to pretty much give this same answer. I've played through it twice now and I dig it. Not their best album but definitely better than Daisy. And honestly if Jesse and the guys decide to call it a day after this, I wouldn't even be mad. I feel like this a good album for them to hang their hat on.
>>
>>74697180
Jesus by Brand New
>>
power ranking of the songs:

Same Logic/Teeth > In the Water > Lit Me Up > Out of Mana > 137 > Waste > Can't Get It Out > Could Never Be Heaven > 451 > Desert > Batter Up > No Control
>>
3.5/10

For me the album needs more watery guitars

Some skeletal drums

A bit of that umpf

Dreary lyrics

What do you think Cal

At this point they need to take risks

Nothing new to the table

Why are they implementing new sounds
>>
few good songs
hate jesse lacey
don't really like brand new overall
quite a boring album
>>
>>74698468
>Why are they implementing new sounds

FUCK
>>
>>74696773
its so corny and plain. fucking awful lmao
>>
>>74698443
Batter Up should be a higher
>>
File: gxaVA.jpg (75KB, 1063x716px) Image search: [Google]
gxaVA.jpg
75KB, 1063x716px
>>74698429
>>
>>74698443
Nice. I'd probably put Waste in front of Out of Mana and Batter Up after Can't Get it Out.
>>
>>74697218
updates?
>>
>>74696773
the album they were always on the verge of making but never came through with. it's amazing
>>
Its v pretty good but nothing amazing. Certainly good though
>>
>>74696773
i didnt even think it was remotely good. most middle of the road borecore pop rock
>>
>Out Of Mana is a song about Jesse playing a healer class in World of Warcraft during the Firelands raid. He knows he can't run out of mana (oom) and he is ready.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN FISH WON'T JUDGE YOU BY YOUR FAULTS
>>
>>74699868
the most out of place line in any album i've ever heard
>>
>>74699687
nice
>>
to be honest i'm very underwhelmed

i really like can't get it out and same logic/teeth but the rest of the album is pretty boring and mellow
>>
There are some really good tracks on this one. Not as good as Daisy or Devil and God, but holy shit the mastering is fucking awful, it's so fucking loud
>>
>>74699730
that the song was about Wow but I think it's just clever writing. He's probably also talking about the fruit Manna
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manna
>>
Is Jesse Lacey actually depressed or are the lyrics (on all their records) the way they are for artistic purposes
>>
Need that Fantano review so I can have an opinion on this album already
>>
>>74700573
When he wrote DaG he was apparently depressed. This album seems to be the most depressing album out of Brand New's discography, it reads like a depression relapse.

Also, does anyone love "No Control"? A lot of people seem to shit on it, I love how chill it sounds while the lyrics are about not being able to get out of mental illness, it's chill but dark.

>>74700611
Get youro wn opinion senpai.
>>
solid 8. great album
>>
>>74700636
Be for someone else
Love is in your actions
I got a job
So let me find 10 million distractions
>>
>>74700611
I'm predicting a 7 from melon
>>
very good album

I think it's exactly the right album for a pop/punk band to make at the end of their career when they're all 39 or 40 years old. They can't fully shake the screaming and poppy stuff, but they're older so it's slower. Plus they have more serious existential dread than 20 somethings
>>
I really like it.

What a pleasant surprise, because the singles they released 1-2 years ago was really "meh".
>>
>>74701424
Mene was better than literally this entire album
>>
>>74701070
Yeah, this album is not on par with damn. and the new Kesha. If he seriously gives another fucking album a 7 he's lost it.
>>
>>74698443
Can't Get It Out > Out of Mana > Batter Up > 137 > Lit Me Up > No Control > Could Never Be Heaven > 451 > Same Logic > Waste > In The Water > Desert

Seriously, imagine thinking In The Water was good and not a song about Jesse explicitly apologizing for how mediocre the album is.
>>
>>74703119
Lol I was right yet another 7
>>
>>74696773
Brand New invent "art buttrock."

It's shit.
>>
offensively bad. Couldn't even listen to a single track all the way through
>>
7/10
>>
>>74700014
I think it's a reference to their "Luca" song from TDAG

"So we've fixed you with cement galoshes
And no one can save you now
Unless you have friends among fish
There’ll still be no air to breathe
You could drink up the entire ocean
We’ll still find someone to be everything we know that you’ll never be"

I kind of like all of the callbacks to that album desu
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1277x675px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1277x675px
thoughts?
>>
>>74703901
pretty fair score i guess, but i still dont understand why so many people give two shits about this guys opinion
>>
>>74703683
That was Jane's Addiction.
>>
>>74703901
Fine score but he said he "wasn't feeling" two of the best tracks so fuck him
>>
>>74703901
he's really bad at reviewing anything but his favorite music
>>
>>74703879
Could also relate to the actual song At The Bottom with:

"And there's a lake
And at the bottom you'll find all my friends
They don't swim cause they're all dead
We never are what we intend or invent".
>>
>>74703901
it's more like a strong 8 for me, don't know why he ripped into Batter Up so much it's such a solid track
>>
Album is awesome, doesn't beat TDAG but definitely their 2nd best album. Not a huge fan of 'Could never be heaven'
>>
File: 1489791897709.jpg (42KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1489791897709.jpg
42KB, 640x479px
I am the only one here with the correct opinions. Stand back and be amazed:

TDAGARIM > Science Fiction >= Deja Entendu > Daisy > Your Favorite Weapon
>>
>>74705697
this is correct
>>
>>74705697
Valid
>>
>>74705697
This
>>
>>74705697
wrong

TDAGARIM >> Science Fiction = Daisy >>> Deja Entendu > Your Favorite Weapon
>>
>>74696773
extremely forgettable

like if you went to one of those "how to write a [artist] song" youtube channels and followed the tutorial 12 times

opening song is the only one that isn't a generic shit

strong 5/10
>>
>>74698523
whats wrong with the lace
>>
>>74696773
1. Waste
2. Lit Me Up
3. Same Logic/Teeth
4. In The Water
5. 451
6. Batter Up
7. Desert
8. 137
9. Can't Get it Out
10. Out of Mana
11. No Control
12. Could Never Be Heaven

1-6 are stunning.
>>
Decent 8, I guess
A very good grand finale for them
The only disappointment is that Lit Me Up
immediately promises you 10/10 album but after that there isn't anything really exceptional
Also Could Never Be Heaven and 451 are fucking bad and unnecessary
>>
why is this a 3.9 on rym with 1k+ ratings?

would've expected 3.5s-3.6s (might still get there)
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.