[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suppose not too in keeping with this board but still music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 0110202850_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg (467KB, 2400x781px) Image search: [Google]
0110202850_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg
467KB, 2400x781px
I suppose not too in keeping with this board but still music related (and the best on the webiste) - What songs would you guys say sound best played on a Fender Telecaster? Or even, songs for the Telecaster
>>
>>74688407
Telecasters are fucking ugly and sound like shit

dont fall for the tele meme
>>
>>74688423
Well, too late for that since I own one (A Telecaster Baja). Despite your opinion, would you know of any good songs?
>>
The entirety of Led Zeppelin I
The Smith - This Charming Man
The entirety of Radiohead's first two albums (later albums Jonny used a Tele Plus with Lace Sensors)
Every Rolling Stones song

All used a Tele.
>>
>>74688454
I own a Standard Tele and was thinking of getting a four way switch for it so I can get the series wiring. Is it worth it?
>>
>>74688454
One after 909 would be good
>>
>>74688464
wait johnny used a single coil tele on PH and bends?
>>
>>74688423
I bet you're a huge Dream Theater fan.
>>
>>74688506
To my knowledge the Tele Plus didn't come out until 96.
>>
The thing about the Telecaster (and the Stratocaster, for that matter) is that they're probably the most clean slate when it comes to guitars overall. So basically you can play anything in it, and you can achieve just about any tone with enough tinkering, from replacing the pickups to sending it through a shitload of pedals.

Anyhow, if you want any ideas of how it may be used - Steve Howe, George Harrison, David Gilmour, Jonny Greenwood, Johnny Marr, Alex Lifeson, Mike Oldfield, Keith Richards, Joe Strummer, Mike Stern, Bruce Springsteen, Andy Summers, Bob Dylan, Jeff Beck, Syd Barrett, Jeff Buckley and Frank Black are all Telecaster players, despite playing in vastly different styles. So, yeah, go wild with it. The Tele can play pretty much anything.
>>
>>74688490
If you can do a good job at it then I recommend you doing it. I can clearly hear the series wiring working. Provides you with additional sound to the guitar.
>>
>>74688464
>>74688495
>>74688582
Many thanks guys, I've clearly got a lot to explore and practise now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.