[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do they do it, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1723.jpg (253KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1723.jpg
253KB, 640x640px
Is there a more consistent band?
>>
That album is unanimously considered a 10 amongst rigorous musicalists
>>
Swans
>>
>>74685839
Not in my book.
Radiohead's only masterpiece is Kid A.
Just like The Velvet Underground's only masterpiece is "& Nico", along with Kanye West's only masterpiece being "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". There has never been a single artist with more than one masterpiece.
>>
>>74686353
*cough*blacke eyed peas*cough*
>>
>>74686353
Wait, I meant OK Computer, goddamn it. I can't think straight today.
>>
>>74685839
Among the most avant-garde composers, music scholars versed in hundreds of years of traditionalist music and direct blood descendants of Mozart, Bach, Mussorgsky, Debussy; they widely consider "In Rainbows" to be the pinnacle of human achievement.
>>
>>74686353
>>74686385
But Kid A is the only good Radiohead album
>>
>>74686353
>There has never been a single artist with more than one masterpiece

>Hunky Dory
>Ziggy
>Station to Station
>Low
>Heroes
>Blackstar
>>
>>74686690
Let's Dance is growing on me a lot
>>
>>74686726
Lodger on me man...so underrated
>>
Yeah, Death Grips
>>
>>74686353
Hip hop is age restricted you fucking arrogant goof, no one who listens to it as a teenager seriously listens to it as an adult, its for a phase in a kids life l, name me one adult who listens still Dre unironically
>>
>>74686407
It is a melodic magnum XXL opus
>>
>>74685839
i concur
>>
>>74686690
vid Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.

Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.
>>
They eat their vegetables
>>
>>74688203
You mean drugs
>>
>>74686429
>only good Radiohead album
>the b-side album is better than it
>>
I don't think so, they have found away to make everyone of their albums almost equally shit
>>
>>74686353
Not true quite a few artist have more than one masterpiece
Beatles
Kanye
Bowie
Beach Boys
Bob Dylan
Smiths
Joy Division
Tim Buckley
Frank Zappa
Can
Outkast
Stevie Wonder
I would say every one of those artist has 2 or more albums that could be considered a masterpiece.
>>
>>74688452
mark my words NO ONE will listen to MBDTF 5 years from now, perhaps hip hop heads will for reference
>>
File: nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds.png (310KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds.png
310KB, 500x478px
>>74685663
>>
>>74686353
Your book is wrong. Go suck a dick.
>>
>>74685663
They're consistent, but that's still their second worst.
>>
>>74685663
>radiohead does bland beatles-lite rock
I will never understand this board, or the general public's love for this album. you had to have been 10 years old when it came out tot hink it was anything special.
>>
>>74690264
How's it bland?
>>
>>74685663
in rainbows was radiohead masquerading as coldplay
>>
>>74685663
But that's wrong. A Moon Shaped Pool was their best album.
>>
>>74686726
meme school
>>
File: ween1.jpg (37KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
ween1.jpg
37KB, 580x386px
>>74685663
>*blocks your path*
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.