[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was 20 years ago today...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

It was 20 years ago today...
>>
as you were LG x
>>
can remember it being all over the news when it was released

also, this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quba72Xli8o
>>
>>74680518
5 years before the average /mu/tant was born.
>>
>>74680518
What an awful cover
>>
Bretty gud album. I think it's fair to say that the opening feedback to My Big Mouth is better than 99.999% of other bands' entire discographies.
>>
>>74680518
Sgt Pepper taught the band to play
>>
>>74680518
As an American this means literally nothing to me. I can't even tell what album/single it is based on the cover art.
>>
>>74680980
lol like I care
>>
>>74680980
>American
We all hate you.

Signed - the rest of the world
>>
>as an american
kek
>>
>>74681046
lol you wish.
I'm living in Australia right now and it's new cooze every other day here.
>>
>>74680980
How do you know it's not an American album if you don't know it?
>>
>>74681085
It says Oasis on it.
I know Oasis because they had one hit song in the US when I was like fucking 7.
>>
>>74681114
That could have been the album title.
>>
ALL MY PEOPLE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOOOOOOOOW

Oasis were so big at the time this 7 minute coke wankfest went top 40 in the fucking USA just because it was Oasis.
>>
>>74681114
Name 3 other radio hits you remember when you were 7
>>
>>74681220
No it didn't
>>74681227
I'm Blue badabeebadaba
Lightning Crashes and Your Mother Dies
Bush - Glycerine
>>
Oasis are shit stop talking about them.
>>
Even Blur was better than Oasis
>>
>>74681227
Savage Garden - I Need You
Barenaked Ladies - One Week
Fatboy Slim - Funk Soul Brother

all kino
>>
noob on oasis, never found interest in them, should i check their discography?
>>
>>74680518
Who cares? Oasis were nobodies. Wonderwall was only a minor hit outside of bongland. Nobody cared about them at all.
>>
>>74681406
No. It's strictly a nostalgia thing for normies. If you weren't around for it, don't bother. Rock music is dead for a reason.
>>
>>74681114
>one hit song
How do you not remember Champagne Supernova? That shit was on the radio more than Wonderwall
>>
>>74681406
first 2 albums are solid rest are garbage
masterplan has good stuff too
>>
>>74681406
>>74681435

Fuck off. Oasis is king of the birtrock kino era.

What's the Story, The Masterplan, Definitely Maybe are fucking solid as fuck

Also helps that I was actually above the age of 5 in 97

God what a fucking year
>>
>>74681436
Champagne Supernova was not a hit in America. Nobody knows that song.
>>
>>74681463
Not true desu my junior year of HS I had a classmate who was a retarded brony who listened to anime metal and one day he said his favorite song was champagne supernova.
>>
>>74681463
How the fuck?

Aussie here, it was number 1 for what felt like forever. Literally every cunt had that shit coming out of his car back in the day.

What in the fuck else released in the US that year that blew it away?
>>
>>74681463
Yes it was you moron.
>>
>>74681492
He's trolling they play it occasionally.
>>
>>74681406
the noob here, heard some songs real quick, garbage imo, it didnt age well
>>
>>74681492
Smashing Pumpkins had about 7 hits in 1995. Oasis had one barely hit in 1995 and everyone forgot them once 1996 started.
>>
>>74681463
>>74681496
I'm 28, from NYC, never heard this song desu. I'm listening to it on youtube now and it's literally seven minutes of pure directionless buttrock.
Once again I am really glad that shit like this is no longer made.
>>
>>74681228
>No it didn't

It may not have gone top 40 but the song was played a lot on rock stations and all over MTV when it came out.
>>
>>74681506
This. Smashing Pumpkins and RHCP were the cool normie rock bands back in the day. Britpop was a really regressive genre that appealed to a UK that was trying to move on from the legacy of Thatcherism and needed a safe cultural touchstone to unite the people. There was no such need in the US, which is why we continued experimenting.
>>
>>74681506
Wonderwall wasn't even popular until 96 though.
>>
>>74681559
Wonderwall really was never popular at all. Its only somewhat known now.because of some meme. I'd never even heard the original song until last year.
>>
>>74681406
Oasis have been ruined for me due to worship by people older than me and acclaim by normies my age who don't look around for more music. I can enjoy some of their music but my hate for everyone that loves them stops me enjoying it properly, whatever that says about me
>>
>>74681569
That's because you're underage as fuck.

The entire world had a massive British fetish all 95+, with fucking James Bond out the ass, Austin Powers, Spice Girls, Oasis, The Verve with their song Bittersweet Symphony, Radiohead and way more shit like Tubthumping that played in EVERY fucking night club and bar

Wonderwall exploded over the entire fucking world. Maybe NYC and LA were busy sucking MJ's dick still, but Wonderwall, Bittersweet Symphony lit the world on fucking fire through the radio.
>>
>>74681607
Maybe. But no other Oasis song was ever popular before or after Wonderwall. At all. And just because all that stuff was popular in 95 doesnt mean everyone forgot about it from 96 onward. Becauss they did.
>>
>>74681640
But they fucking didn't? Because I was fucking there?

Wonderwall didn't stop being fucking played on the regular radio rotation until like 2001 for fucks sakes

Champagne Supernova and Don't Look Back in Anger were the same thing
>>
some proper potatoes in this thread as you were LG x
>>
>>74681492
probably puff diddy and some androgynous college rock band. every ountry gets what they deserve desu
>>
>>74681686
>>74681686
He's joking dude the oasis is a one hit wonder thing has been a meme for like a year because it triggers montie.
>>
That album killed britpop just like Reflektor killed indie
>>
>>74680518
Is it time this album is reappraised?
I think it gets too much hate because it wasn't as great as the first two, but it's not bad, not by a long chalk
>>
>>74681766
I'm not joking they literally are a one hit wonder. Go look at the wikipedia page for one hit wonders of 1996
>>
>>74681814
Look, you don't fucking get it because you're a child.

Oasis weren't just those 3 epic songs. They were all over the fucking news all the fucking time for scandals and shit, bad mouthing X star and doing Y stupid shit.

They were practically an unnamed Ghallagher Brothers Reality Special that aired round the clock for like 4 years straight. They became a part of popular culture and though their GOAT songs all released in the span of a few years, those fucking songs got overplayed to shit in every direction in all 4 corners of the earth.

One Hit Wonders are what shit like "Pumped up Kicks" is, where no one even knows who it's by, and they only have 1 fucking song.
>>
>>74681780
I doubt anyone who didn't consiously live at the time when it came out can find any in depth value in it besides it being a full out, fun, coked up rock n roll album. If I didn't know the band it wouldn't make much sense to me, since it's an elongated, watered down mix of their first two albums. Noel started rewriting his own hits for the first time here, (stand by me = live forever; d'you know what i mean = electric wonderwall, etc.)
It got unanimous love in the press, whereas WTSMG was panned, so that's something.

Anyway, with how big they were in the UK at that time, and the formulaic nature of Noel's songwriting, it basically is a big fat middle finger to everything, whih I'll gladly take, cos anyone who doesn't rate Oasis' first two albums is a soft lad.
>>
>>74681841
Oasis were big in every country straight up. US, Japan, UK, Australia, Zimbabwe, Iceland, Thailand. They charted literally everywhere.
>>
Nah, oasis have always been literally whos. Even in england they're were brief 3 hit wonders at best
>>
>>74681814
I'm not an Oasis fan but even i know that's not true. Their songs are still played on the radio all the time
>>
>>74682283
lmao are you serious
>>
>falling for bait
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_1990s_one-hit_wonders_in_the_United_States#1996
>>
Be Here Now was a mistake. There's barely enough worthwhile material on it to make for a solid EP, much less a fucking 70-minute album.
They shouldn't have even thought about going back into the studio until 1998.

That said, this tune really is as good as any of the best bits of DM or The Masterplan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v03BtEzQMxw
>>
Fuck oasis
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.