[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated Artist Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

Pic fucking related. Now don't get me wrong, they're good, but I've never understood why The Beatles were considered to be musical geniuses.
>>
George Harrison
>>
>>74677255
Gorillaz. In the sense that Gorillaz only obtained major mainstream popularity with the worst album to ever be produced under the name.
>>
Led Zeppelin
>>
>>74677284

Love the Gorillaz but amen. Demon Days had like 3 good songs.
>>
Hendrix / Morrison / Joplin died
>>
Radiohead is my pick.
In Rainbows is great, OK computer as well, but all the rest of their stuff is pretty meh in my opinion.

>>74677255
Disagreed OP, the beatles are one of a handful (literally can count on my hands) of artists who I enjoy all the music of, and love a good percentage of.
>>
File: Real Humanz.jpg (86KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
Real Humanz.jpg
86KB, 630x630px
>>74677311
Not talking about Demon Days. Mainstream only knows three Demon Days songs. Humanz was when Gorillaz ever took off with the mainstream throughout.
>>
>>74677255
Ugh like you are so stupid The Beatles basically invented music. If you can't see that then you are ignorant
>>
>>74677329

You think? Maybe it's cause I don't listen to the radio, but I've seen like zero exposure come out of that album. Seems like way more people were aware Demon Days.
>>
>>74677327

I like some of their later stuff, but anything before SPLHCB is just bubblegum pop nonsense.
>>
>>74677365
Songs from Humanz have overall vast more views on Youtube for every single song in the album compared to any other Gorillaz song. And really when it comes to Demon Days the average person knows what the album looks like and can mention Clint Eastwood or Dare, that's the extent of awareness most people have.
I would hardly call Humanz a Gorillaz album anyways, Damon is barely in it and there's no voice I can safely say was supposed to be Noodle like the other three albums.
>>
>>74677390
Hmm, interesting. Yeah, it really was such a letdown. Let Me Out was really the only song I can say I legit enjoy.
>>
>>74677378
Their later stuff is easily my favorite stuff of theirs, but it's also amongst my favorites period.

Their earlier stuff is poppy no doubt, but well done pop.
>>
Sonic Youth
Talking Heads
Radiohead
Joy Division
>>
>>74677255
You might've gotten dubs, but if you don't understand why The Beatles are considered musical geniuses, then you never will.
>>
Any band is going to be overrated to someone who doesn't enjoy their music.
>>
AC/DC? Queen?
>>
>>74677437
Yes
No
Yes
Maybe
>>
>>74677255
Did you start listening to music yesterday?
>>
>>74677437
>Talking Heads
more like underrated
>>
>>74677378
you really believe Rubber Soul and Revolver are bubblegum nonsense?
>>
File: kendrick-lamar-ny-times.jpg (53KB, 700x452px) Image search: [Google]
kendrick-lamar-ny-times.jpg
53KB, 700x452px
>>74677255
>>
>>74677390
> And really when it comes to Demon Days the average person knows what the album looks like and can mention Clint Eastwood or Dare

Clint Eastwood is from S/T though. The mainstream-popular songs from Demon Days are Feel Good Inc., Dare and Dirty Harry, even though only the first one is really that popular in mainstream.
>>
>>74677255
I agree so much
http://www.scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html
>>
>>74679811
A W A R D W I N N I N G
>>
off the top of my head:
radiohead
neutral milk hotel
aphex twin
the beatles
dr dre
any meme rap of 2010's (kendrick lamar, death grips, bones etc)
>>
>>74677437
>talking heads
>overrated

Absolutely wrong.
>>
>>74679899
>any meme rap of 2010's (kendrick lamar, death grips, bones etc)
absolutely this
>>
File: Beach Boys Friends.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Beach Boys Friends.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
This is the most limp sounding shit I've ever heard. And why does it sound so old? Even contemporary albums actually *sound* good, but the vocals are shit. How is this the most revolutionary band of the 60s?
>>
>>74677378
Why are you trying to make me mad at you
>>
File: smile.jpg (564KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
564KB, 806x806px
>>74680157
listen to the smile sessions until you realise how wrong you are
>>
>>74677437
the studio process behind making remain in light is reason enough to love it - plus its fun as shit
adrian belew gets my dick hard
>>
>>74678998
2nd'd
>>
>>74677378
Rubber Soul is my favorite album of theirs. Might be favorite of all time alongside Safe As Milk.
>>
>>74677378
fucking homo.

you have no idea what you're talking about do you?
>>
ACDC for sure, all their songs sound the same
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.