[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have a voice like him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1832.jpg (24KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1832.jpg
24KB, 220x293px
Anyone have a voice like him?
>>
morrissey
>>
J.J. cale
>>
Is he La Bamba?
>>
>>74675999
Jeff buckley
>>
>>74675999
literally who is this?
>>
>>74676055
Nigger what?
>>
>>74676083
Roy Orbison one of the best male voices ever
>>
Chris Isaak is a decent imitator.
>>
File: what.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>74676055
?
>>
Roy Orbison is so corny fuck outta here
>>
>>74676113
Nothing corny about his singing ability
>>
File: mmm.jpg (236KB, 580x563px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
236KB, 580x563px
>>74676087
>>74676111
ill cum in you guys asses
>>
>>74676126
yeah im just jealous
>>
>>74676113
>fuck outta here
How to spot a room-temp IQ
Also - in 10 years max the next generation of /mu/tants is going to be calling your favorite music corny as fuck. Shitheel teenfags like you make this board nigh unbearable.
>>
>>74676129
Don't threaten me with a good time
>>
>>74676171
>room-temp IQ
Stealing this. That's fucking great.
>>
>>74676171
We need more /lit/ on this board.
>>
>>74676179
baby. i'll make you cry to the moon
>>
>>74676224
I've made the moon my bitch back in '97. Wanna meet the past?
>>
>>74676322
They call me Santa because my dick is the present.
>>
>>74675999
Didn't everyone in the 50s-60s sound like him?
>>
>>74676736
No?
What the fuck?
>>
I didn't know Charlie Sheen made music
>>
>>74676347
Hello present. My dick is the past - past 10 inches.
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
In Dreams: The Greatest Hits [Virgin, 1987]

From the reunited Everlys to Chuck Berry on Mercury, rerecorded best-ofs such as this seldom deliver magic or chops. The youthful buoyancy that kept the melodrama from getting soggy is in short supply with comparatively little tradeoff in the standard interpretive nuance. A quarter century later, his voice still socks and soars, and even if it's clear that on some songs only the artyfact will do ("Crying", "Running Scared", and "In Dreams"), nobody who wasn't there will swear to the authenticity of these marginally more tasteful recreations. After all, just how great were his hits anyway? Crowning him rock's first neurotic is as overwrought as damning Donald Duck for a protofascist--pop-rock (cum countrypolitan) self-pity has its own conventions and he is their slave. As a heretic who was there, and as someone who's not sure that Phil Spector was good for rock-and-roll, I'll stick with the artyfacts. They're certainly no worse. And versions you don't need. B

16 Biggest Hits [Monument/Legacy, 1999]

Not counting imports, there are now 13 best-ofs on 10 labels by this opera singer from the wrong side of the oil rig. Unless you worship Scott Walker, rockabilly, or both (a big unless), you need precisely one of them. There's no Sun ooby-doobie-booby here, just 16 of the 20 tracks on All-Time Greatest Hits of You-Know-Who, where you pay a buck apiece for four expendables, including Roy's third hit, which peaked at 27 while the other four went 2-9-1-2, wonder why. Here you get what you want: amazing vocal range, a beat that would give Scott Walker lumbago, the mystic miracles "Blue Bayou," "Only the Lonely," and "In Dreams," lesser product slow and fast, and one of the greatest records ever made: "Oh, Pretty Woman." A-
>>
>>74676780
Eddy Arnold, Ray Price, Sonny James, Righteous Brothers , Everly Brothers...

Maybe not as smooth but all the same style.
>>
>>74676916
Traditional pop and rockabilly, a small facet of the 50s. Don't say "everyone".
>>
>>74675999
Did he have pipes?
>>
>>74677518
You could say they were serious.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.