[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it lame to like The Rolling Stones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

they have a few songs that i really really like, but the fact that they're still around and go on tour and are cringey makes me feel lame liking their music... why can't they just die, so its ok to appreciate their music from the 60's and 70s
>>
The Rolling Stones rulez.
>>
Let it Bleed is a great album, and you should feel great, faggot.
>>
>>74675771
It's just music. If you like it, listen to it
>>
only numales hate classic rock, honestly keep on with nu male crap like Kendrick, Taylor Swift, Weezer and other lame crap and stay away from real music
>>
>>74675771
fuck i hate /mu/...
>>
You probably feel like that because you haven't gotten deeper in their work. Those songs sound lame only because they are very overplayed. Try listening to the albums man, you'll realise their legacy lives way beyond the hits everyone knows. I highly recommend listening to Exile on Main St, Sticky Fingers, Between the Buttons (very overlooked), Let it Bleed and Beggars Banquet.
If you want to get deeper, give Some Girls and Their Satanic Majesties Request a chance.
>>
>>74675771
What's wrong with The Rolling Stones still being able to go out on tour after 50 years?

I think it's GREAT that they still do it.

And even better if a new generation of fans like their music.

Enjoy their music and stop cringing at the fact that they're all old enough to be your great grandfather. I wish MY great grand father could rock out like The Rolling Stones. I think that would be the coolest thing in the world.

Why does somebody have to be dead in order for you to appreciate their music?
>>
>>74675771
You shouldn't feel lame or cringe because The Rolling Stones still go on tour.

It's only rock and roll, so, like it!
>>
>>74678955
Nice Youtube comment copypaste.
>>
>>74675771
The fact they still tour is what attracted me to them and made me check out heir music so your argument is pretty stupid
>>
>>74675771
Holy shit. It's lame to ask people if it's lame to like a certain band. Jesus Christ, stop being a fucking faggot and just like what you like. Don't go waddling over here asking for approval, you rolling stones-liking fuck.
>>
>>74677647
Fingerprint File is a cool song, no idea why Christgau said it was garbage. Then again, he wrote an entire essay on how great Dirty Work was when even most Stones fans have disowned that album.
>>
>>74675771
Not lame. They've made a lot of legitimately great music.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.