[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Rickenbacker Basses Shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8507.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8507.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
This angry Canadian gentleman thoroughly btfos Rickenbacker basses to the point that I don't want one. But they sound so goddamn good. Can any bass bros weigh in? Is this even the right board? Pic related is what I got currently. Wanted a 4003 tho.
>>
just buy one.
who cares. stop trying to base your purchases on what random people with shit music taste think.
>>
>>74674777
Here's the link https://youtu.be/nQgAv2jcmcI
>>
Isn't the 4003 generally seen as the best bass overall? It's definitely one of the most iconic.
>>
>>74674803
Watch the video fella. He makes it seem like the fucking bass is made of egg shells. I don't wanna drop a ton of cash on a bass that's gonna break on me. My fender jazz is a savage animal in that respect. It's solidly made
>>
>>74674777
just get a clone you won't feel shitty about modding
the one made by Career plays nice and has better pickups than the original for modern stuff or get an old Ibanez and pimp it out
hell, get one custom built - will still be cheaper than an original
>>
>>74674855
They've been made the same way for like, a hundred years, of course there'll be some duds
>>
>>74674777
Never played one, apparently they are uncomfortable. Personally I think they are a meme. If you love the tone just buy one.
>>
>>74674819
I dunno what this guy's deal is but 4003s are great.

Rickenbacker guitars, however, are very, very one-trick. They sound good, but you can't do much else with them.
>>
Rickenbackers are fucking lovely but unjustifiably expensive by comparison to other off the shelf brands. Fuck me if I haven't been bitterly disappointed every time I see a really pretty brand new ric and take it off the shelf only to find the body/fretboard edges are almost painfully sharp, the mexican jazz hanging next to it is infinitely more comfortable to hold. As far as this bassbro is concerned, older Rics are infinitely more lovely sounding and far more comfortable and worn in, but even more painfully expensive than a new one.

>>74674977
do what this anon said.
Find a decent 70's Jap Greco/Ibanez/Kasuga/Etc for well under a grand and you'll be right, at least for the sake of trying one out to play/gig. Can probably resell if for about the same if it's not your thing. I've had a few jap basses/guitars over the years and they're shockingly good instruments by comparison. I've stuck with a '76 Greco RB800 for about three years worth of gigs/tours, cost me 900 bucks so I'm not too precious about it compared to the nice old stuff which never leaves the house. I have used it as a cricket bat and shoved the headstock through a few low hanging lights and ceilings and it's never skipped a beat. 10/10 would probably buy another one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.