[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do drugs make you write better music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: cobain.jpg (107KB, 1450x794px) Image search: [Google]
cobain.jpg
107KB, 1450x794px
do drugs make you write better music?
>>
>>74670173
NO. It just helps music be edgy.

Frank Zappa never did drugs
>>
>>74670173
Maybe, but it is a fact that pot will activate the side of the brain that will make you more creative
>>
>>74670339
inb4 anti Zappa replies
>>
>>74670173
if any album was made while any of the writers were high, I would instantly stop listening to it. drugs make people think differently- I want to listen to shit that truly comes from the writer's mind.
>>
>>74670339
I'm very anti Zappa
>>
>>74670173
No. Drugs make you write more interesting music if you're already creative but if you're a talentless hack, drugs won't help you.
>>
>>74670173
Maybe if you're talented anyway, but it can also fuck up your abilities to make music (see Barrett, Bolan, etc.)
>>
>>74670403
Agree with this
>>
>>74670173
Yes.
>>74670339
>Zappa never did drugs

This only proves my point more.
>>
since it makes you think differently instead of being jaded and inside the box it could free someone but i don't think it inherently makes anyone better. i say if you're a creative person that's driven to make art you'll do it with or without drugs
>>
>>74671062
Yeah, yeah, incessant shitposting is so much fun.
>>
>>74670403
>>74670593
You guys are absolute children
>>
>>74671115
This is correct
>>
>>74670403
It still comes truly from the writers mind. Just used differently. It's like all the original data is there, the memories, but the way the data gets processed is changed up a bit. That can lead to very creative musical insights not normally accessible.
People have this false belief that their normal way of thinking is better than an altered way of thinking, but it's really just different. Not necessarily better or worse. Experiencing as much ways of thinking as possible is enlightening.

To answer the OP: I think it does. When I am on psychedelic drugs (hell, even weed) it feels like have root access to my brain. That I can see what's going on and decide to give more attention to certain aspects such as feeling in my hand, experiencing those aspects intensely. I can think more "meta". For music it allows me to process much larger parts of music at once.
>>
>>74670347
depends what kinda pot you smoking there bud, may I know your name? no reason
>>
>>74670173
Fuck no
>>
>>74670339
which explains his music
>>
>>74670173
Yes. Drugs make people creative, which makes their music creative.
>>
>>74670403
I know this is bait but as to anybody that actually believes this "psh i agree. one coffee mug in their hand its no way jose for me"
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.