[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album is fucking great. Wow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: brandnew.jpg (241KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
brandnew.jpg
241KB, 1000x1000px
This album is fucking great. Wow.
>>
>9.5/10

I just wish Be Gone wasn't on the album. I skip it every single time. The rest is legit 10/10 material, one of my favorites of all time.

Top 3 tracks:
>Bought a Bride
>In a Jar
>Vices
>>
>>74666836
>skipping songs
>>
It shows how good Brand New are that something as good as this is their second worst album
>>
>>74666876
>preferring Deja to Daisy
>>
TDaG > Daisy > Deja > YFW

I prefer the production of Daisy to that of TDaG, though.
>>
>>74666836
Be gone is cool though. Also, other than a few posts about TDAG in he past, Brand New is never mentioned here. Has their new album opened this board up to them more? A lot of people used to lump them in with cringe emo on /mu/
>>
>>74666972
I see God And Devil in a lot of charts.
I hate what Brand New was before God And Devil, their sudden maturity and expansion in music made them god-tier.
>>
>>74666972

TDaG is mentioned often and can be found in many rec charts. I think it's easy dismiss them because their early work WAS cringe emo. YFW was just catchy pop punk and Deja still lacked maturity despite making good strides. It's hard to listen to most of YFW/Deja now because I've outgrown it, but there's still a lot of good stuff in there. Devil and Daisy will stand the test of time much better, and will be considered essential albums from the 00's. The verdict is still out on SF, not yet quite sure what to make of it. There's some stellar moments instrumentally, for sure, but some songs just seem out of place. I think this album showed the least amount of growth for the band, something every previous album displayed. I do think at this point you have to consider Brand New one of the best bands of their time, although they can be polarizing. I've seen them live a few times and last summer they played the best show I've ever seen HANDS DOWN. Quite a few extended jam sessions that I wasn't expecting since they had stuck to the album versions when I saw them before. Jessie and Vince played a few sick solos, and had some great chemistry. I left the venue in absolute awe.
>>
SO YOU TRIED TO PUT A FIRE OUT
>>
Brand new is out in full force with their paid shills in support of their latest trash release apparently. Emo is for children
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwx8M_7hcRE

Most underrated track on this album. You'd think it wouldn't be given that it's the title track.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.